Charlie...my Sweet Baby Boy

Guest ryeamans

Guest ryeamans

On Thursday morning I had to say "goodbye" to my dear Charlie. I had him for a mere 3 years and he was only 8.5 years old, but in that time we established an amazing bond and my heart is completely broken over his passing. I loved him so much and I feel so my heartbreak and pain.

I know he's in a better place now and is no longer suffering, but I am still so devastated and am having a difficult time without him here.

It does help that we have another greyhound that we've had since June, so it's not as quiet around the house as it would be if there were no hounds present, however, I keep catching myself looking for Charlie on the other couch or the other dog bed and wondering why he's not still here with me.

Charlie was my first dog on my own, and I loved him like a son. I miss my baby boy so much....I hope the pain will lessen, but it's hard to imagine it will so soon after losing him. :(

Txasu.jpg

So very sorry for the loss of your Charlie.

Remember the good times....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I am so sorry that Charlie could not stay with you longer.

Godspeed Charlie,

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Charlie was my first dog on my own, and I loved him like a son.

I completely understand. I'm so sorry for your loss of Charlie. :(

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

So very sorry Charlie left you so soon. Never enough time with these sweet dogs'

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Guest 4rooers

I'm so sorry you lost your Charlie. They become entwined in your heart so very quickly, whether you have them 2 months or 10 years, the pain of losing them is so very hard. Give yourself time, and remember all the love.That never ends.

It's been 3 months since my Jax passed. He was only 7 years old. I still cry every day. He had a goofy energy that no other greyhound I've owned ever had.I totally understand how you feel. I too, have a second greyhound that I have had since March. Although I love him too, he's not my Jax. Hopefully, over time, we will become just as close to the dogs we have now. I am sure it will happen, we just need more time for the sting of loss to recede.

I am so sorry :(

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

Your pain and sadness are palpable. Yes, the realist in you knows that he is not suffering, but right now, there is only the heartache. It's so hard, not only because you are missing him so, but he was not with you nearly long enough. And you are right, the pain does ease with time. Let yourself grieve at your own pace, know that it will hurt a lot, but when you are ready, memories of your precious Charlie will bring you comfort.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost one this week too, and although I've been down this road many time over the years, it never gets easier and it always feels in the beginning like I'll never be able to bear it. I know now that I will emerge from the terrible darkness I'm feeling now ... that it will simply take time. I never stop loving and missing them, but the sharp pain lessens and the part of them that lives on in my heart becomes more and more of presence and a comfort. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I'm so sorry! 8.5 is much too young and you didn't have enough time with him. My heart breaks for you :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, beloved Charlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest ryeamans

Thanks to all that have replied so far, and to all of you replying after this. Your kind words are definitely helpful during this difficult time. I find myself feeling fine one minute, then completely distraught the next. I greatly appreciate your words!

Guest LadyChester

My deepest sympathy on your loss of Charlie. I know exactly how you feel, as I lost my beloved Cocoa this week as well. The tears flow so easily because you loved him so much. May your heart heal a bit with each passing day.