Licking Paint Off Wall

Guest cleosmum

Guest cleosmum

my little girl, every so often when something has upset her will have a anxiety trate of licking the emulsion paint and nibbling it back to the plaster, no huge amount, but it is noticable

Both of mine licked the same spot on the wall in our bedroom for awhile when they first came home with us. Our boy, Elliott, stopped after a week or two, our girl, Lea, did it for a little longer than that, but eventually stopped. She still licks other things, like chair legs,the hardwood floor or her bed now and again, but she is more high strung than Elliott. I think it is probably a calming thing for her.

Both of mine stopped licking the spot on the wall after a time - hopefully yours will too. There is a spray you can use that imparts a bitter taste to things - that might stop the behavior if it continues.

Theresa (Tess)

Mom to Elliott (Sol Flasher) and Lea (PTL Lea)

My girl darla does that in our new house. We tried the bitter spray and it did not work. we have tried many things and still have not found a permanent solution. She goes about a week or so with out doing it and then for no particular reason resumes. We have holes in our hall way that we are regularly having to replaster.