End Of Tail Severed In The Door

Guest OPointyDog

Holy cow! You've all been through a lot with that poor tail! Good for you for being persistent. I don't envy you (or him) all that time in a cone!

Fingers crossed that this will be the end of the "greyt tail adventure"! :goodluck

:yay

Glad this 'tale' is finally coming to a happy ending!

We had Dobes for a number of years, and it was a bit of a shock when we got our first Greyhound with his long, whippy tail always banging into things. .

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Glad it's getting better!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Oh wow... I can assure you, we too had a horrendous experience with happy tail. Post-amputation, it was months before the tail finally healed. We weren't able to e-collar Truman because we have a dog door, but for two months, we had him in a muzzle with a stool guard (he could undo his dressings with just a regular muzzle on). I tried everything after the plastic syringe cap failed, even resorting to self-adhesive pipe insulation. Although it's fully healed at this point, the hair grows back pure white due to all the continued trauma to the tail. We're hoping it stays healed, but if he ever gets happy tail again, I am fully prepared to have the thing docked.