Brees, With Her New Roman Nose. Monday, All Better!

Ask your vet about Augmentin. It's actually an antibiotic used for people, but dogs can have it too. It's the absolute best for animal bites/scratches.

We just got back from the vet, again. The swelling is moving around; less on her lips, more around her eyes. The vet doesn't think she's infected, just reacting badly to the force of the bite and the cat's saliva. She got another Benedryl shot this morning, and a shot of steroids. If we end up back at the vet, I'll ask about Augmentin, for sure. Can't hurt, might help, right? All her other wounds are looking good. It's just her face that's crazy-looking. And still, she's acting fine. Out-of-her-head-crazy, as always!

I'm glad she's acting fine - i can't believe how huge her face/muzzle is. She really does look like a bull terrier - and poor thing must be so uncomfortable, too. I hope she recovers soon! Give her kisses from Walter & I - we'll miss you guys tomorrow.

7218108076_e406044464_t.jpg 7004700518_27fa752995_t.jpg Walter (Windy Walker) and Ernie (PG Ernest) @WalterWallerson and IG: WalterandErnie 7150803233_d0700ccbdc_t.jpg 7004711314_ceba54665a_t.jpg

Ask your vet about Augmentin. It's actually an antibiotic used for people, but dogs can have it too. It's the absolute best for animal bites/scratches.

We just got back from the vet, again. The swelling is moving around; less on her lips, more around her eyes. The vet doesn't think she's infected, just reacting badly to the force of the bite and the cat's saliva. She got another Benedryl shot this morning, and a shot of steroids. If we end up back at the vet, I'll ask about Augmentin, for sure. Can't hurt, might help, right? All her other wounds are looking good. It's just her face that's crazy-looking. And still, she's acting fine. Out-of-her-head-crazy, as always!

So, is this an allergic reaction to the saliva or is there some other explanation?

Glad to hear that she's acting normal.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

So, is this an allergic reaction to the saliva or is there some other explanation?

The vet thinks it's a reaction to the saliva and the trauma of the bite. I like that idea much better than a massive infection, but we'll have to see how she does. The swelling in her lips has gone waaaaaaay down since last night. They were about as wide as one of my fingers at the bottom then, but her mouth is closing normally now. I don't like that the area around her eyes is getting puffy.

The vet thinks it's a reaction to the saliva and the trauma of the bite. I like that idea much better than a massive infection, but we'll have to see how she does. The swelling in her lips has gone waaaaaaay down since last night. They were about as wide as one of my fingers at the bottom then, but her mouth is closing normally now. I don't like that the area around her eyes is getting puffy.

i knew I should have stolen her in Dewey...... :bgeorge

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I'll put her in a box for you, Don. She's killing us!

The thing decided to burst on the way to GAA's holiday shop. We cleaned her up some there, but she needs more work. Lots of clear fluid leaking out of a small hole, but I have no idea what kind of ick came out initially. There's a huge difference in the size of her nose now! We'll be home in about ten minutes, then I'll get to really see what's going on.

Definitely looks better. Abscess = infection so I would definitely do a round of antibiotics.

She's been on Clavamox since Wednesday, but adding something else is is a possibility if she gets puffy or pitiful again. The nose is continuing to go down, thank goodness. We went out for a bit, and when we got home I could see where is drained onto her pillow. I just did a compress and got out a little scab, so things can flow if they need to. There's no smell to what's coming out, which is a huge plus. (My Mom had a cat that used to get really funky abscesses. Ick!) She's almost looking normal now. I was pretty freaked when it moved up to her eyes. That was really scary!

Thanks, everyone, for your ideas and good wishes. My hope is that this wild creature is on the mend, but we'll have to wait and see. At least she's felt just fine through it, except for that one night.

Definitely looks better. Abscess = infection so I would definitely do a round of antibiotics.

She's been on Clavamox since Wednesday, but adding something else is is a possibility if she gets puffy or pitiful again. The nose is continuing to go down, thank goodness. We went out for a bit, and when we got home I could see where is drained onto her pillow. I just did a compress and got out a little scab, so things can flow if they need to. There's no smell to what's coming out, which is a huge plus. (My Mom had a cat that used to get really funky abscesses. Ick!) She's almost looking normal now. I was pretty freaked when it moved up to her eyes. That was really scary!

Thanks, everyone, for your ideas and good wishes. My hope is that this wild creature is on the mend, but we'll have to wait and see. At least she's felt just fine through it, except for that one night.

So relieved to hear this! She did look cute as a bull terrier though.