Gi Upset With Rash On Belly

No but years ago my girl developed rash like spots on her belly, but her gums were bleeding too which is a sign of very low platelets which can cause bleeding. Bleeding in stomach/intestines can cause a lot of GI upset.....

Thanks.

My vet thinks it is an allergic reaction to the Metronidazol though it started a couple of days after her last dose. That's why when the GI upset returned a week later, he opted for Tylosin along with Pepcid. She has had an ultrasound and two complete blood panels to rule out a lot of things (in regards to GI upset) but the rash does not seem to be going away (the GI upset seems to be resolving slowly).

I really appreciate the incredible amount of experience on Greytalk.

What does the rash look like exactly? Is it a solid swath of skin, or spots here and there, or something else?

Our dog with GI problems (both infectious and then IBD) would have his belly turn pink sometimes, but usually only for a matter of hours. He took both metronidazole and tylosin at the same time. (He also took other things.)

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Small red spots over the entire belly and groin region (no pustules or sign of infection though).

Tonight, one area looks a bit bruised but I don't know if that is related to her being shaved for, or having the ultrasound today

Pam