Favorite Dog Bones

beledi

Elk antlers, their new favorite treat. They do last a long time and ours chew on them more than any other kind of bone they have ever been offered. Helps clean up the teeth a bit too!

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Turkey necks are a fav, but Wendy likes lamb shanks, too.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Do you give turkey necks raw? Where do you get them?

You can usually get them at asian supermarkets. There is a wholesale store called Wholey's in Pittsburgh where I've gotten then before. I also think you can also order them from online from this website. For whatever reason, my boys got diarrhea with them, so we don't feed them too often. Lots of people swear by them though because they clean the teeth so well.

Guest Carstel

Do you give turkey necks raw? Where do you get them?

Both of the local butchers carry them and chicken necks. I can get a giant bag of them for a couple bucks.

I've found the antlers at Petsmart and Feeder supply here. They are more expensive, but I've found them on sale and stocked up. They last FOREVER! I'm going on 2 months with a large one.

amr236.jpg
**Shellie with GiGi aka: Good Girl (Abita Raginflame X Ace High Heart) and two honorary hounds Butter and Bella**

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GiGisCloset2?ref=si_shop

Guest ManyBlessings

I bought my first antler on ebay....a large one fo $8. They are great!

Thanks for the info on necks....I'm going to try and locate some locally first.....

Edited by ManyBlessings

If you don't feed raw normally, I wouldn't feed a huge turkey neck without adding some green tripe to dinner that day (your pup won't be used to all the bone). If the necks are big, I cut them in half.

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Guest ManyBlessings

What does the tripe do? I do not feed raw,but I do give raw marrow bones with meat several times a month. I keep them frozen, they love them!

Can I get tripe at the butchers too?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the hot tip! You can get knee here bones for $1 each. They even make an economy size with 50 bones!