Strange Bleeding

Guest BrianRke

Guest BrianRke

My parents dog, Sophie, has a strange issue. When she goes for walks or gets excited, she will bleed from different spots all over her body but mostly around her face, neck, and ears. She is an only dog but has been to doggy day care and spent a week at the dogsitters where she plays very rough with the other dogs. The spots where she is bleeding are places where she was previously scratched or bitten(during play).

This was over 3 weeks ago. I try to look for trauma and dont see anything at all but blood will just start pouring from these areas.

Oh, Sophie is not a greyhound. My parents got her from the humane society. She was found in a dumpster at 3weeks old with her littermates.

She is about a year and a half old

She had parvo when she was a puppy.

Could this be a clotting disorder? Something related to parvo?

Anyone experienced anything like this?

I'd want to have some blood work done and have them check her for a clotting disorder.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee