Started Keppra For Seizures, Acting Weird

One more thing I wanted to add. Regarding Ava's seizure she had on September 30th - the day Herman picked her up from the hospital on October 2, one of the receptionists said that Ava had her seizures during the full moon and said there were other dogs that were admitted for seizures as well.

I think I heard tonight is a full moon, so I'm going to be nervous sleeping tonight. (although I don't think any of her other seizure episodes came during a full moon) - I'm just a nervous nelly!

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

The potassium bromide will take 3-4 weeks before it reaches maximum levels in her bloodstream so don't expect it to work immediately. Hopefully when it does you will see a difference in the frequency of her seizures. The phenobarbital will make her hungry. Try a few snacks during the day, something low calorie like green beans if she likes them. That should help stop the poop eating. I had to put a stool guard in Saints muzzle to get him to leave the poop alone.

Hope she made it through another night with no seizures.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Thank you Judy, so far, no seizures!

Earlier this week she kept coming to me, whining, wanting to go out. She kept circling, attempting to squat, stopping, circling, pacing, racing. She had about 5 or 6 small puddles in the kitchen that afternoon and evening. I called the vet and her doctor had already left so I called her cell, described her symptoms and she called in a presciption for antibiotics to Walgreens and I picked them up around 830pm. She instructed me to give her two that night to make her more comfortable and then after one every 8 hours. By the next evening she was almost 100% better!

She is still VERY WHINEY, but from what I'm reading that's from the phenobarbital?? Will that go away when her body adjusts to it?

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

That should go away or at least lessen a bit with time. It takes time for the body to adjust to the medication. In the mean time she may be extra hungry. That's the drugs also. Maybe some low fat snacks will help that. No more seizures is a good thing!!! Hope she continues doing well!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee