Teeth Chattering

Guest AceyGrey

Guest AceyGrey

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know what teeth chattering means?

Is it a sign of excitement? Ace seems to do this when he's excited, such as going for a walk.

I don't know any other breeds that do this, in fact I haven't even seen another grey do it.

Many thanks

Rainey chattered a bit but Nube -- geesh -- he was a champion chatterer. I sure miss it! :kiss2

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Annie B was living with me for just about a year before she started chattering fairly regularly. Now she chatters almost every time she approaches me for some love. It makes me pet her twice as long as I otherwise might have.

Guest happygrey

THE BEST SOUND IN THE WORLD <3

I agree! So glad my Tatam is chattering once more. It's a real sign that he's fully recovered from his weird bout of strangeness/illness he had about a month ago.

:heart I love the sound!

Edited by happygrey

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know what teeth chattering means?

Is it a sign of excitement? Ace seems to do this when he's excited, such as going for a walk.

I don't know any other breeds that do this, in fact I haven't even seen another grey do it.

Many thanks

it can also mean he is COLD and needs his rug on

Cookie likes to chatter! She mainly does it if I'm taking her outside, getting ready to feed them, or just got home (on occasion). I think she's pretty much doing it out of anticipating or excitement. Sometimes I bend down close and pat her while she's doing it- it's so neat to hear it.

I've heard Buddy the dachshund chatter. I was surprised to hear it but that doesn't happen often.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/TgrrValily/CookieMac2009pt2/siggyyayayayayay.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Buddy James, Cookie Dough, Shelby, and Mac. My angels :angelwings:angelwings:angelwings:angelwings

New dog mom to dachshunds Ginger and Ruger :banana:banana

Guest Jacks_Human

Jack does this ALL THE TIME-- when he's excited about impending food/walk/visitors, when he wants attention and is trying to be cute, when he's happy because I'm snuggling him. But it's always a good thing. And sometimes if he's feeling very cuddly, it's a prelude to him 'grooming' my arms.

Guest AceyGrey

I've noticed he's been doing it more and more lately. He must be a very happy boy.

Cookie likes to chatter! She mainly does it if I'm taking her outside, getting ready to feed them, or just got home (on occasion). I think she's pretty much doing it out of anticipating or excitement. Sometimes I bend down close and pat her while she's doing it- it's so neat to hear it.

I've heard Buddy the dachshund chatter. I was surprised to hear it but that doesn't happen often.

I'm going to see if any of my other friends dogs do this, I imagine a dachshund doing it would be rather cute.

Sammi is also a chatter hound. I remember when I first moved in here with my best friend. She was startled hearing Sammi chatter at me when I would come home from work, get her meals, get her leash, etc... I explained what it was, and it became my roommate's goal to get Sammi to chatter at her. About 2 months after we moved in, I was at work checking my phone on a break.

In all caps, I see this text message:

SAMMI CHATTERED AT ME! OMG OMG OMG

Between that and the full on couch roach, we knew she was adjusting to the move.

Edited by Gryffenne