I Am Not In Panic .......

Guest IrskasMom

Guest IrskasMom

but I am concerned . My Morty has never been a Food Motivated Hound. He can take it or leave it. Ever since I buy Wetfood from Blue and mix it in with his Kibble , he actualy eats quite nicely.

He will not drink any Water out of the House and eating ..... well he eats a Cheeseburger when we have a Doggie-Party at the Park ( here and there )

Because I have been running constantly to my Girlfriends House to help her, Morty will not eat his Dinner when I am not Home ( I fix it before I leave) .He did not eat his Dinner Friday and not on Saturday either . Now I am worried . The only Intake for Water is with his Food. Should I panic and take him to the Vet or wait it out for today ????

Erika, I'm sorry about your friend. If everything else about Morty seems right, my best guess is that he is probably picking up on your emotions right now. If he doesn't already have a breakfast, can you try breaking up his dinner into two servings? That would take him less time to eat than a full meal, and maybe give you a little bit of lovin' time with him while he eats. A bit of chicken broth might encourage his water intake. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. Annie Oooh M. 

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest PiagetsMom

I, too, think that if Morty seems ok otherwise I'd probably at least wait until Monday to think about a vet appointment. My Piaget used to not be a good eater, and I know how worrysome it is when they're not eating. Hopefully Morty will surprise you today and eat some dinner! :grouphug

Guest PhillyPups

How about half his dinner before you leave and the other half when you get home? Agreed the chicken broth for liquid too.

Plase keep us posted.