Good Memory For The Rules.

Guest Wasserbuffel

Guest Wasserbuffel

It's hardly rained at all this summer. It's been so dry for so long that I haven't had to wash Jayne's back door foot rag since May. I don't think I've even used it since then.

Until last night, when it decided to rain at Jayne's last turnout time. She went out and did her business like normal. When she came back in, instead of heading straight to bed, she stopped and stood immediately inside the door; waiting for me to wipe her wet feet.

good girl!

unlike Mr. Larry who has been widening Nube's big hole in the corner of the yard....he went zooming around at 5:40am after I fed him (and after pooping) and went right to the hole. Came roaring up to the door with mud everywhere. AND I had just done the floors and washed the rugs a day ago. <_<

ETA ARGH need that autocorrect LOL

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest newgreymama

What a good dog!! I have been amazed over the last month to see how fast Greys are and how good they are at remembering what they've been taught -- I have only had to say "wait" at meal time twice, and now Cora waits quite politely until I have given her the "ok" to go ahead and dig in.

Guest Wasserbuffel
What a good dog!! I have been amazed over the last month to see how fast Greys are and how good they are at remembering what they've been taught -- I have only had to say "wait" at meal time twice, and now Cora waits quite politely until I have given her the "ok" to go ahead and dig in.

Yes, then sure can be such clever little beasts. I think mine has trained me to do more tricks than I've trained her to do, however. I never intended to give her a cookie at bedtime, but somehow it's become a ritual!

Guest karilynn

Hehe! That is so cute. They really are smart. My guy is smart with food (as most are) and he has now started to head straight for the car instead of the door when we are coming back in from going potty if I I've said "dog park" that morning. SMART!

i rigorously trained my two to wait for the towel when its raining outside and we've just come in for a walk. but somewhere along the line i decided that i just dont care anymore, and usually dont bother now. but whenever i do that, they will both stop by the door and stare at me like im an idiot until they basically shake their heads and get on with their days, like they cant believe im going to let them walk around all wet and muddy.