Trooper's Diagnosis Is In

Guest kellybrown

Guest kellybrown

The surgeon called this morning with the biopsy result, it is Osteo. But we were already prepared for that news. We went to get his staples out this morning, but they felt some fluid, so they put it off until next Tuesday. He starts chemo on October 30th.

So sorry for the confirmation. Wishing good luck and lots of good thoughts for Trooper as he starts chemo.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I think hearing it always feels like a punch to the gut, even if you were expecting it. It helps to have a plan in place, though, and it sounds like Trooper is in good hands. Sending tons of positive thoughts to you both.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Gentle hugs to you and your sweet boy, and hope he does very well with his treatment.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so very sorry he has osteo. Cancer really, really sucks. Sending prayers he has many more good days with you. :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest RICHandJUDE

I am so sorry to hear the diagnosis for Trooper. It is not Fair with cancer. Keep the faith. My Santa was diagnosed with Osteo in September 2010. Next week he goes to the oncologist for his every-3-month check-up. If all is well, it will mark 25 months since his amputation. Take a day at a time like we do. GOOD LUCK!

I am so sorry to hear the diagnosis for Trooper. It is not Fair with cancer. Keep the faith. My Santa was diagnosed with Osteo in September 2010. Next week he goes to the oncologist for his every-3-month check-up. If all is well, it will mark 25 months since his amputation. Take a day at a time like we do. GOOD LUCK!

What a wonderful, uplifting story.

Many prayers to you and Trooper......our hearts are with you....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I understand how difficult the confirmation is. Even though I *knew* Twiggy's cancer was osteo, I still had some hope that it was something a bit less sinister like a chondrosarcoma.

More healing thoughts for Trooper!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Guest kellybrown

Wow! 25 months! That gives me hope. For some reason my husband thinks we'll be lucky to get one year. I sure hope it's more.

Sorry to hear the diagnosis, I've gotten the 'c' word 2x now and it is never easy. Hopefully you caught it early enough that it didn't spread, hug him everyday and he won't know the difference, he is a Trooper and will adapt. Chemo can be tough on the system, do your reading and research to know what some possible side effects are and what you can do for him. Take it day by day and enjoy every one. Each day is special with the furkid. Prayers for you and Trooper!

Kathy, Bo (SK's Bozo), and Angels Storm (Greys Big Storm), Grace (Rise to Glory) and Sky(Greys Sky Dove),

My dog believes I go to work for their food and treats.