Have You Had Success With Homeopathic Remedies?

Guest happygrey

Homeopathic "remedies" are merely water. As in, from the marketer's tap. Unless one believes that water has memory (a basic tenet of homeopathy). In which case, maybe somebody can explain how that water has memory of, say, arsenic, but not all the toilet flushings that have passed through it?

'Course, water is good for us and good for dogs. But it's usually cheaper and cleaner from your own tap or filtered pitcher rather than from an unregulated marketer's little bottle.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

There's a difference between homeopathy and herbal medicine.

Homeopathy is the belief that everything emits an energy that water can store. If you dilute something down with water, the water will somehow keep the 'energy' of the original product, and you reap the awards. Homeopathic pills, when tested, are basically water and sugar. There is negligible amount of the original compound left. If they work, it's a placebo effect.

Herbal medicine is true alternative medicine, IMO. Homeopathy is a scam.

Guest sireltonsmom

We will be starting our dog Tatam on Arsenicum Album tonight at his bedtime. This my first experience with a homeopathic remedy. Has anyone used arsenicum album before?

He's been prescribed this by our vet who is also certified in veterinary homeopathy.

We are really hoping that this will address his restlessness at night. We've been getting up with him night after night and it's really getting frustrating not knowing what's causing this. He's gotten better from when I first posted about his condition: http://forum.greytal...ce-to-lie-down/ but he's still got a ways to go -- particularly at night! :(

I haven't used a.a. but my almost 14 yr old. had a TIA (ministroke) in August. His vet practices both traditional and homeopathic medicine . He is on Traumeel and Tramadol for his pain since the stroke. He also gets Gabapentin as needed at night for his restless times. It calms him down and allows him (and us) to sleep all night. It doesn't make him goofy but I give it at night because it isn't good to have him have it while he's up and active. It seems the combinatioin of trad/homeo works for my kid. Good luck as we know from experience how worrisome and frustrating it is when our kid is restless and unsettled.

Homeopathy utilizes dilute amounts of a substance that causes the same symptoms being addressed. It is the same concept as using a vaccine.

In theory, yes. In actuality, no. When tested, homeopathic 'medicines' are so dilute that there's often NO trace of the original compound. The same is not true of a vaccine.

Vaccines also go through rigorous testing and research before they are approved for general release. Homeopathy has no such restrictions and, really, could be anything.

In addition to which, you form antibodies as a result of vaccines. You don't form antibodies to poisons, so if there were any arsenic in a homeopathic arsenicum album preparation, it would merely poison you rather than curing anything.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Wow.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)