How High Energy Can I Expect A 2 Year Old To Be?

Our Derby was adopted at 12 weeks. Never went throught the land shark phase. She sleeps probably 22 hours a day and has since day 1. She is very catlike. Gets cold easily, likes to be curled up under something, head on a pillow, arms over a person. Never has chewed/damaged anything. Has never dug a hole. Prefers not to go for walks, but car rides are the bomb! She plays incredibly hard for about 10 minutes, once or twice a day. Its a full blown bow, roach, twirl, bark, run 6 laps, shake a stuffie, back to bed. Our new girl is 1 1/2, we've had her about 6 months. She was super spooky and is just now starting to have some personality. She digs for a cool spot when she's outside, likes to drag blankets and beds (and dirty clothes, dish towels, etc) around the house. Plays with stuffies when she thinks no one is looking. I will say she gets a lot of excercise, she is a great walking/running partner. Her and I put in about 30 miles a week. She is always eager and stays by my side like velcro.

My foster is 2. As long as she gets a walk during the day 30/40min & play session in yard 15 min all is fine but if I skip a day she is wild

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Guest mbfilby

Myka and Loki were both two when we took them home, and they are both high energy, chewy, and rambunctious. But, Myka is blue :youcrazy and Loki has some SA issues.

They are both three now and showing no signs of changing. Our other greys were calm/laid back, and were about 3 to 3 1/2 when they came home, so I think it really depends on the personality rather than the age.