Chili And Therapaw Boots

Guest ShannonQ

Guest ShannonQ

Hi All,

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the Health forum or this one, but here goes...

We adopted Chili about 6 months ago, and he is the first greyhound we've adopted that has had corns. We bought Therapaw boots for him, but he is too smart for his own good and has figured out how to get them off, no matter how tight I make them. He will put one foot on top of the boot on the other foot to hold the boot still while he then pulls his foot out of the stretchy top part of the boot. Then he holds the "naked" foot on the toe of the other boot to hold it still while he pulls out the second foot. I put them on, he pulls them off, I put them on, he pulls them off. Any suggestions on how to get him to leave the boots on would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I wonder if you would have better luck putting them on once you are out and on your walk, then just keep moving so he doesn't have the opportunity to get it off. Maybe he will forget it's there. My boy was using a therapaw before we had his corn hulled and we would put it on him and get him into the car and he would remove it while in the car ... so we started putting it on before letting him out of the car and that did the trick.

Theresa (Tess)

Mom to Elliott (Sol Flasher) and Lea (PTL Lea)

Guest ilaria

What a smart boy you have!!! We can modify the Thera-Paw boots, and we do this quite a bit for many animals with special needs. It may be that all we need to do is change the outer elastic strap to one that is wider and made of nylon so that it's not stretchy. If you send us the boots back, we can make this change for you. Please feel free to contact us at:

questions@therapaw.com

:-)

ilaria borghese

president

Thera-Paw, Inc.

My corn boy hated his therapaws. Would shake them off, pull them off, really looked uncomfortable. So I tried Neopaws & had much better luck. He did try to kick them off initially but he's fine with them now. I think it's a much more comfortable shape for him. www.neopaws.com

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest lanielovesgreys

VIvie only wears the therapaws on walks or trips that require a lot of standing or walking. In the house, Vivie just strategically keeps her corn paw on beds, or on a rug, or something like that.

Does your hound need to wear the boots all day?

What a smart boy you have!!! We can modify the Thera-Paw boots, and we do this quite a bit for many animals with special needs. It may be that all we need to do is change the outer elastic strap to one that is wider and made of nylon so that it's not stretchy. If you send us the boots back, we can make this change for you. Please feel free to contact us at:

questions@therapaw.com

:-)

ilaria borghese

president

Thera-Paw, Inc.

That's so good of you! :D

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.