Growth

Guest apocalyp

Guest apocalyp

Looks like Brock has gotten a growth on one of his shoulders. From my own research it looks like histiocytoma to me. I'm going to be scheduling an appointment with the vet to confirm my suspicions and to see what needs to be done.

Anyone else have this before?

Gracie has a histiocytoma on her foot that comes and goes. It hasn't revisited completely since it's initial appearance. We did not have it biopsied as our vet was confident it was OK.

This photo is probably at least 6 years old.

DSC02257.jpg

Bad growths can look similar so it's good that you're setting up an appointment.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Beth got a small histiocytoma near the bottom of her ribs by her armpit in August and in mid-September it got larger. Now it's slowly shrinking. You should get a cytology to confirm, but if it's a histiocytoma you don't have to do anything but wait.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest greytkidsmom

Yep, get it checked. The last lump I thought was a histiocytoma wasn't. She did a fine needle aspiration which can easily sort it out.