Back In Town

Well, i'm not new to Greytalk, but I haven't been around in such a long time, I feel like I need to re-introduce myself. :)

Since my three beautiful greyhounds passed away all within 18 months (in 2009 and 2010), I've felt pretty grey-less and stopped coming. But while I have two insane non-greyhounds, it's just not the same and I miss seeing all the lovely dogs. (And having one...or more.)

But anyway, I have internet at home again and so can wile away the hours conferring with the greyhounds online if not in reality.

I doubt I'll adopt another dog any time in the foreseeable future (these two really are nuts), but I miss Greytalk. The people, the dogs and the stories. So I'll probably be back more often these days and I wanted to say hello again.

Here are my two dogs Gypsy (the hairy one) and Nikki (the lunatic.)

403998766.jpg

403998767.jpg

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Tami! It's WONDERFUL to see you! Love your current dogs but will miss seeing pics of Sunscreen Man, Phene's gf Angel and Festus. How are your kids? They must be pretty grown up by now.

Loca passed away three years ago and Phene passed away last year from osteo. Linus the cat passed away four years ago. I now live with Treasure the greyhound, Iker the galgo and Allen the cat.

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I remember reading a little about when you got Iker. I miss my greys so bad sometimes. Actually, after looking at the pics last night, I just bawled. But it feels like coming home, so what can you do? I think after losing Angel and Festus so close together, then a close friend of mine died in July, my cat died in August, and my dear aunt died in december...I just shut down.

But life is good now. I wish I had a greyhound, but these two just keep me on my toes. LOL

I miss you! Some day I want to come for another visit!

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

I'm so sorry you had so much loss :( :( :(

it's good to see you back, though -- and I'm guessing your Nikki has a lot of German shorthaired pointer in him -- ours was a lunatic too! SOOOOO much energy, OMG.

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

You've had a tough time of it :(

Tami, I had such a blast when you were here! Do you live near Eagan? I have to go there for work every so often.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Hi Tami! Nice to hear from you...I often think of you and others from way back when. I've had lots of changes too....not all very good :(...and I am down to one greyhound, Jack.... that's him in my avatar,

I hope you pop in now and then.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

You've had a tough time of it :(

Tami, I had such a blast when you were here! Do you live near Eagan? I have to go there for work every so often.

I'm SOOOO close to Eagan. Only about 40 minutes. That's actually where my aunt lived, so I know my way around there pretty well. Where do you go?

I'm so sorry you had so much loss :( :( :(

it's good to see you back, though -- and I'm guessing your Nikki has a lot of German shorthaired pointer in him -- ours was a lunatic too! SOOOOO much energy, OMG.

It's so funny you say that because on Wednesday, we were driving along and I saw a dog that looked so much like Nikki...bigger though and with a cropped tail. I stopped to ask what it was because I'm always trying to figure out what Nik is. German Shorthair Pointer! She's scared of her own shadow still but off of Reconcile (Prozac) finally. You bring out food and she turns into a raving lunatic. I'd love to see a picture of your GSP.

Hi Tami! Nice to hear from you...I often think of you and others from way back when. I've had lots of changes too....not all very good :(...and I am down to one greyhound, Jack.... that's him in my avatar,

I hope you pop in now and then.

Jack is SO cute! I was on way too long last night. Probably won't do that again. LOL But it's fun to "see" all you guys again.

I'm working on my house like a mad woman - I have an appraisal next Wednesday for my refinance - so i'm mostly working after work. LOL

Hi Tami! Welcome back!!

When I lost Cody, I just stayed on at Greytalk - no one seems to mind! I'm still in the cult anyway!! :bgeorge

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

It's fun to see all the old and new faces around the old 'hood. LOL We went to the dog park today and the dogs got SOOO FILTHY. OMG. I hosed them off and called it a day though as I'm just too tuckered out today to bathe them. Tomorrow is another day. I put blankets on the couch though because I know they will lay there.

I'm currently in bed with the cat curled around one arm and another cat at my feet. Such a lazy day!

:wave Tami....Good to see you!!

You know me...love the greys but need few of the non greyhounds to keep me on my toes!!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Welcome back! Those two look completely innocent. :)

If by innocent you mean "spayed" then, yes, they are. Any other characterization of innocence is completely flawed and can be refuted with evidence abundantly supplied. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Becki, my son's GF goes to marshall nearly every weekend to see her grandparents. I might have to bring the son down there some time and visit!