What Is Considered "less Active"

Guest Celestrina

Guest Celestrina

Acana has two different feeding guides; one for "more active" and one for "less active". Angie gets her exercise but she's definitely retired. She isn't involved in any type of sports, like lure coursing. She is a true couch potato.

I always wondered what was considered "active, and less active" as well. My pups jog and hike miles daily, but other than those 2-3 hours they pretty much sleep so I wouldn't necessarily call them "active." Even when I was half marathon training with Karma I still fed her regular amounts for her weight. I guess active must mean a true working dog, or a dog with a high metabolism who just stays really skinny. I always start by feeding the lesser amount and then I up it if they aren't maintaining a good weight. :)

a dog that acts like a jack russel is active. i don't know if anyone out there in gt land has a "retired grey" that fits that catagory.

if they sleep all day while you are at work- less active

if they sleep while you are at home- less active

you will know if you have an active one...you'll know...you'll be crazed! :yikes

Edited by cleptogrey