Checking Your Boy's Private Parts

I woke up at 4:45 to the sound of someone whining. I opened my eyes to find Sammie standing there. I asked him if he needed to go potty and he started doing a happy dance. I got up and he beat me to the door, tail wagging the whole time. He ate about 3/4th of his breakfast and took his pills in a peanut butter sandwich. He promptly went back to bed. He acts better in short spurts so that is definitely an improvement over the last few days. Not a bad way to start the day, even if it was only 4:45!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

oh no :( :( your poor boy and poor you guys! you do not need another issue :( :(

senidng many, many prayers for your boy :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Wishing Sammie a full recovery....and thanks for the reminder!!!

And yes...when they are recovering, no hour of the morning is too early to see them feeling well!!!

Edited by mychip1

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Oh gosh .. sounds horrible!! I'm so glad to read this when he's already feeling better! They can go downhill so fast, can't they?

I've had one with balanitis, but it only made the local area sore, not a whole body infection like this. Could he have got hurt in the melée the other day? Caught in the crossfire, so to speak?

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Gosh we haven't had issues between any of the dogs in forever. They are a very calm and stable pack. They do go out to play but I only put them out in groups of two or three at a time and the most I hear is growling as they run and play. They all wear muzzles outside with stool guards. I honestly can't remember the last time any of the dogs were hurt. I did check him over to see if he had any cuts or nicks that he could have gotten from the bushes but didn't find anything.

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest freightsmom

Thanks for the reminder Judy. My SO makes fun of me because I inspect the manly bits and lady bits of my hounds. Line them up with me sitting on the floor with my little mag flashlight. Check for ticks, lumps, bumps and anything else that should not be there. :ph34r

Gosh we haven't had issues between any of the dogs in forever. They are a very calm and stable pack. They do go out to play but I only put them out in groups of two or three at a time and the most I hear is growling as they run and play. They all wear muzzles outside with stool guards. I honestly can't remember the last time any of the dogs were hurt. I did check him over to see if he had any cuts or nicks that he could have gotten from the bushes but didn't find anything.

Oh, sorry, I must be mixing you up with someone else here who had a fight between their dogs recently. OK, it's not that, then! :P

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

On seeing the title of this thread I thought we were gonna be talking about olives again. :rolleyes: Glad to hear that Sammie is feeling better.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest FullMetalFrank

Glad he's feeling better. I have never heard of an infection of that type; could it have started out as a sheath infection? Poor kid, that must have been awfully painful. I am glad you caught it quickly.

Glad he's feeling better. I have never heard of an infection of that type; could it have started out as a sheath infection? Poor kid, that must have been awfully painful. I am glad you caught it quickly.

That's one of the possibilities we're looking at Robbie. Sometimes I wish I had a crew if drama queens that would make some noise if something were bothering them, no matter how small, but the only drama queen I have is Bandita.