I Feel Weird Asking This But...

Guest Downtownhoundz

Guest Downtownhoundz

My boy,Bunny is 7 years old and has started having kind of "poop" issues. How can I get him to have a "clean drop" when he goes? Most of the time lately I have to grab him when he comes back in and (pardon me) clean his butt, otherwise I'll have a piece of poop in the house and or on my bed! Am I the ONLY one with this weird issue ? :riphair

That's not normal.

Might be a good idea to take him in for a quick checkup. He could have an anal gland problem or something.

Is his poop formed well? Easy to pick up? What are you feeding him?

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest Downtownhoundz

That's not normal.

Might be a good idea to take him in for a quick checkup. He could have an anal gland problem or something.

Is his poop formed well? Easy to pick up? What are you feeding him?

It's well formed. The vet said to give him milk which I add to his kibble. She said mik or pumpkin would help move things along.I definitely can't give him any of those pigskin chews that really gets him backed up. I have to keep switching around kibble because he only wants whatever I EAT ! I have to sit with him now so he will eat his kibble with milk otherwise he'll follow me.

I never thought of an anal glad problem though, guess it's back to the vet for a spot check!

I would go with pumkin before milk.....

I would go with pumkin before milk..... Good luck!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I'd also get the vet to check for back or hip problems. Does he squat properly, or does he seem reluctant? Do his legs shake at all? I've seen this happen with Sid occasionally when his back or his hind leg is playing up a bit. He doesn't want to stay squatting quite long enough and gets up too quickly.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest Downtownhoundz

I would go with pumkin before milk.....

I would go with pumkin before milk..... Good luck!

I think I agree with that.....milk is getting too expensive! Haven't tried pumpkin yet, but am going to give it a try!