Yeah, What Now?

Guest lovnmygreys

Guest lovnmygreys

So, last week I posted the question about muzzling the kids during the day while we're at work. Well, they've expressed their dislike for it. I came home the other day to two unmuzzled dogs with this little gift...

f165cbed.jpg

Sooooo, what now?!

I saw the change and I thought how thoughtful they were leaving you money for a new muzzle :)

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I came home to a muzzle like that once. Not sure why it got chewed up since it was never used on the boy. I just had it sitting out.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Guest lovnmygreys

Okee dokee, new muzzles and muzzle keepers ordered. Today was very stressful for me because we had to leave them home ALL day with no muzzles. I had visions of coming home to a bloody murder scene :puke Luckily, no dog was harmed. However, I can't say the same for a certain plant...

f17b898a.jpg

But ohhhhhh, sweet Lucy. While I was cleaning up the mess left by my adorable babes, she grabs the largest piece of annihilated plant she can find and prances around me with it. Sooooo cute... :crazy

Okee dokee, new muzzles and muzzle keepers ordered. Today was very stressful for me because we had to leave them home ALL day with no muzzles. I had visions of coming home to a bloody murder scene :puke Luckily, no dog was harmed. However, I can't say the same for a certain plant...

f17b898a.jpg

But ohhhhhh, sweet Lucy. While I was cleaning up the mess left by my adorable babes, she grabs the largest piece of annihilated plant she can find and prances around me with it. Sooooo cute... :crazy

:haha The skin kid in the background did that...I just know it! Can you put them in separate areas with a baby gate between them? My Kare Bear gets the upstairs to herself, with all the human beds, and Tessie gets the downstairs to herself with the couches. The gate is at the top of the stairs.

Guest lovnmygreys

f17b898a.jpg

:haha The skin kid in the background did that...I just know it! Can you put them in separate areas with a baby gate between them? My Kare Bear gets the upstairs to herself, with all the human beds, and Tessie gets the downstairs to herself with the couches. The gate is at the top of the stairs.

Ha!!!! You aren't the first person to say that. And honestly, if he hadn't been with me when we walked in and found it I couldn't be that sure either! :flip Well, they have a dog door so I don't know how to really separate them unless I don't allow them to go outside during the day. We are gone at least nine hours everyday for work. And Lucy is pretty spry, she's hopped the baby gate before and made it look effortless...little stinker.

I'm thinking about maybe getting a corral of somekind to put in the area just inside the dog door. They would have free access to the backyard, but not free reign of the house. Of course, once I get the new muzzles with the muzzle keepers everything might be just fine...

I used to get a roast on sale and have it cubed about 1" square, freeze the cubes, then hide them in the yard while the poor suffering hounds watched through the window. I would open the doggie door just as I left so they could have their scavenger hunt :) It kept them busy for a while anyway!

Sorry about your faux foliage :)

Jody, Leah & Jimmie
Tavasci%2520august%2520sunset%2520%2528C
You left us much, much too soon Lima & Chip :brokenheart

I guess I'd just be glad it wasn't the couch or the coffee table or the TV or the speakers or the windows or the baseboards or the . . .

Seriously, can you gate them into the room with the doggie door? If they can jump the gate you can always put up two to make it taller or have the hubby get a sheet of 3/4" plywood, cut wider than the door way and as tall as you want it. You can slide it behind the refrig when you aren't using it. I've got one that I've painted the same color as the kitchen and when I'm not using it you don't even notice it behind the refrig. Inexpensive and efficent.

Good luck.

june

The look on your son's face is priceless. I can imagine he's thinking, someone's in trouble! I've had scene's like that in my house with me home! All I had to do was leave the room for a minute. It's the reason one of our dogs is named Dammit Arrow!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee