Addisons Disease

Took Lady to the Charleston Veterinary Referral Center and Dr. King ran a ACTH Stimulation test on her. He will have the results back on Tuesday.

Da Vid seems to be getting a little better. He is still slammed with pain meds, but is still eating and drinking pretty good. He added laying down to the list today. He sort of sits and stays that way for a couple of minutes and then SLOWLY lowers his legs in front of him. He pants all the time while he is doing this. I don't know when I will bring him home because I want him to be really able to get up and down well because little thing could set him back and then we would be back to square one.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and Lady. The first of the year I thought one of my afghans had addison's and we did the stimulation test. I did find a great addison's yahoo chat forum on line that was very helpful especially when it came to ordering meds. Send me a PM if you want more information.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Hey Diane, No, the acupuncture vet is about 30 miles away from where Da Vid is. I stopped by yesterday and cancelled his appointment. We will be on hold for a while. About Lady..I looked up Addison's and the only thing on the list that she is doing is having pain all over her body. She is a nervous nilly, but does not shake when it is just me or she is really comfortable. She does not like men or any kind of stick (broom and mop). So, we will see when the test results come back. Thanks for the help.

No, I did not think to ask the acupuncture vet. Actually, I did not see her yesterday, just the front desk lady. Lady is 7 years old and my vet did a TBD panel on her. It came back fine. She is quick to refer to Charleston. That is where she sent me with Huck. She wanted me to take Da Vid there, but I insisted on the local surgeon. Sure wish I had not argued with her. Matter of fact, I wish to hell I had not put him through the surgery at all.

I am thinking Da Vid might be able to come home tomorrow. I won't see the vet, but she may call me. He is now getting up and down pretty good and a lot quicker. I just don't want him to fall here. Also, I do not have a ramp for the steps outside in the back yard, so will just have to take him out front very slowly.

if it is addison's feel free to pm me. my scottie had it- diagnosed at 2.5 yrs lived to 12.5 yrs. generally most addisonians have a short life span(5-7 yrs), i'll share my old fashioned techniques and where i got his meds. he led a pretty normal life, just had a lousy coat from the drugs.

Today is Tuesday and this is the day the Vet in Charleston said her blood test results would be back. Had not heard from in by 4:30 so called. Was told that Dr. King was out of the office all week and that he would call me next week. This is not acceptable to me. Any thoughts?