Sign in to follow this  
galgomum

Warning, No Leash!

Our sweet old boy Tex is well past his 13th birthday now and recently he hasn't been doing too great.

He has several issues and two weeks ago he gave us quite a scare.

But he's still here and recently I've felt the need for some nice pictures of him.

Today I let him roam around next to the house, we have a little stream there and high grass.

Since he is really going no where anymore, I let him go off leash. And boy, did he love that. Sniffing around, eating grass...

But after 10 minutes it was enough, he went back home...

I love this boy so much :beatheart

7896830376_01926904c6_b.jpg

Untitled by Peet64, on Flickr

Edited by galgomum

Guest IrskasMom

Petra , what a beautiful Picture of your old Boy Tex. I realy had no Idea you have more then Cara and Lehto.

Beautiful picture!

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

Ah, the most handsome Tex.......never get enough of this man.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Tex, you are one :hehe handsome boy and shame on mommy telling us your age. Never would have guessed. Love that look you are giving Mommy "well are you going to let me in or not"? :beatheart

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

So handsome!

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

And I have felt the need to see more pictures of your handsome man!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Petra , what a beautiful Picture of your old Boy Tex. I realy had no Idea you have more then Cara and Lehto.

Yes Erika, we have 4.

When I moved here, Jack (fbwjack on GT) had 2 greyhounds, Johnny and Tex

I had Cara and Paquita

Unfortunately Johnny past away last year. Somehow things happened and we were able to adopt Lehto as a very young puppy.

So now it is Cara and Lehto, both galgo's

Paquita, she is a bordercollie galgo mix, I adopted her 10 years ago from Scooby (Spain)

6365117273_aee143dd3e_z.jpg

Paquita ❤ by Peet64, on Flickr

She really is my baby and heart dog

And we are lucky enough to have Tex, he's a really sweet boy, over 13 now and unfortunately having some real issues like lumbosacral stenosis and laryngial paralasis

But he is still here. He doesn't really like the camera though. But I have the feeling this picture of him might be in the Celebrating Greyhounds Calendar (not sure though)

6396073989_a5666407e2_z.jpg

Looking up by Peet64, on Flickr

And until a year ago I loved taking pictures of our boy Tex, who was an awesome dog, very goofy and funny

5202707230_9a9d476b93_z.jpg

We just told him about Santa..... by Peet64, on Flickr

And don't get me started on the time I lived in the Netherlands, I used to post pictures of my first galga Isa, whom I still miss and people may remember her, my wirehaired galga Fynn, my whippetTeddy, my afghan Rani and my sweet boy Tom who was a dutch bred greyhound. My grey girl Kit never showed up here on GT I think, it was before I started taking digital pictures.

And that is without the pictures of the fosters I had over the years, you may have seen one of them show up on line, her name is Reza, but she is better known as the doggie that gets brainfreeze from her first popsicle. So yes, there were a lot more sighthounds in my life.

But right now we keep it at 4. But withTex being a senior and Paquita a non grey, they don't show up much in this part of GT or on events we go to.

And I have felt the need to see more pictures of your handsome man!

I wish he would let me, he really doesn't like the camera :(

Petra....He looks great!!

Cody is 13 as well....he is having some of the same issues....but still plugging along too!! Loves to wander around outside and eat grass.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lincoln and Lucy
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 My Baby Girl and Pixie :heart:heart ??-10/10/2017

Guest PiagetsMom

Such a beautiful picture of your special boy :inlove

He's very handsome. I love that photo. Though it does sort of look like he's asking why you're taking pics instead of letting him into the house. :lol

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13); Greys Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07), Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17)

Petra, the fact that Tex doesn't care for the camera makes that picture all the more special. All you dogs are good looking.

Beautiful hounds!!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Petra, the fact that Tex doesn't care for the camera makes that picture all the more special. All you dogs are good looking.

Thank you, to me every dog looks special.

I think there is a special something in every dog hat makes us love them.

My job as a photographer is to find that something.

Let me tell you, when Jack adopted Johnny, he was asked why he wanted that ugly dog.

Neither of us saw what that person saw, we saw a great dog, who in spite of his scars was happy.

We miss him dearly and if you are talking photography wise, that boy was an awesome model, so much expression.

Guest avadogner

What a handsome Big Boy! I love the big boys. It is funny how he is awaiting you to open the door. In Ava's last months, she would only go to the mailbox and back on walks. The LS made it hard for her but she needed the exercise and stimulation. I put a leash on her but she walked the path like she was on an autopilot program. No changes in path (always the shortest and easiest) and no interest to go elsewhere. She was so predictable, she could have walked herself but with no one tomake her exercise, why go? I hope Tex has plenty more walks in his future and beautiful pics for us to enjoy!