Bijou Is Now Into Hospice Mode

I'm so sorry--their shorter lifespans are so unfair.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sad and sorry to read this. You are her best friend and you will do everything possible to make her comfortable. She has let you know that she is ready to be free of pain and weariness. G-d bless.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

It's so hard when they tell you what you don't want to hear....my heart goes out to you.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Greg....prayers for you to find strength and peace as you guide your Bijou through her passage on her journey. You are giving her the greatest gift....that of your love until her very last moment.... My heart is with you.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest PiagetsMom

I'm so sorry Greg.......this is the hard part, doing what is best for them. I wish you a week of love with your special girl :grouphug

How you love her! And she knows that. You and Bijou will be in my prayers during this very sad time.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so sorry you're losing your beautiful girl. I hope you both soak up all the spoiling and time together in the meantime.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Greg I am so sorry :cry1 I was hoping the vet could do something, but I was afraid this would be the outcome. I have the contact info for a vet who will come to your house when it's time. If you want to go that route, let me know :bighug

Thinking of you Greg :bighug Bijou is one very lucky girl to have had you for her daddyman. This is the hardest part of the journey.........give that sweet, beautiful girl a kiss for us. :beatheart

gtsigtest5-31-1-1.jpg?t=1338477409
Mom to Emmi (WM Lickety Split) & Asia (Devious Walker)
Waiting at the Bridge: Shadow, Willow, Tony, Nina, Reggie, Sunny, Webb, Rosie, Rowdy, Ivy, Smoke & Raina

I'm so sorry. I faced a similar situation with Aggie and she told me and taught me that "When the body quits working it's time to go." That's what she said. And she and I both knew she was right. More of that greyhound wisdom that is so amazing. I will never forget that valuable lesson. The love you and Bijou share will carry you through this-and beyond this. God bless you both.

Oh Greg! I am so sorry, I just love that little girl of yours. Please give her a gentle hug from us and know you are in our thoughts and our prayers.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest CFPWonder

I am so sorry. It's so hard to let them go. I've been through it a few times and it doesn't get any easier. Spoil that sweet girl - thinking of you as you spend your final days with Bijou..