Da Vid Back At Vet

I just came home from Home Depot with 4 in-door out-door rugs that are 6x8. I need to go get more. They seem to be nonskid. I will just have to keep him on a leash when we are outdoor. The vet said he could come home today, but only for compete bed rest. She said he could only go outside for bathroom. I really want him home, but am so afraid of another twisted back or stumble. She is not insisting that he come home, this is my idea. Maybe I should just let him be for now. They are open tomorrow for Labor Day. So far I have been making 4 trips a day to the vets. Not whining.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He came home. He has one lower canine tooth (the other pulled about a year ago) and it is broken about 2/3 of the way down. I wonder how much pain that has caused? Anyway, he has been pretty restless and for the first time ever he has decided he likes the laundry room floor with the light off. What is up with this? Hopefully after his meds at 11:00 and his final turnout, all will be quiet. Vet said I could not walk him, only enough for him to use the bathroom. Lady does not understand this and wants to walk a long time. Tomorrow is the last day for the water slides in Statesboro, Georgia for the year and I would love to take the grandsons. But, will not be able to do it as do not have anyone to stay with the dogs.

Good so far this morning. He got me up twice last night, once to go out and once to just see if I was still there. He has stopped the whining he was doing for weeks after the surgery. I don't know why that started or stopped. He ate good and the tooth does not seem to be bothering him. Of course my house alarm went off in the middle of the night (low battery on one of the windows). I thought it was the carbon monoxide detector, so I got a chair and took that off the ceiling. Wrong alarm, but the batteries needed changing in that one too. I am glad to have him home and I think he is glad too. I wonder how long he can take all this medicine without it doing him permanent harm?

He is on Tramadol 50 mg 3 pills 3x day,Gabapentin 100mg 2 capsules 3x day ,Methgocarbamol 500mg 2 tabs 3x day I need a lift for him. Something I can put under his stomach and has a handle like a suitcase that I can steady him and help him prevent falling. Any Ideas?

sending more prayers to your sweet boy! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Many good thoughts! Hang in there.......

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.