Hello From Gracie And Mom

Guest undergreysspell

Guest undergreysspell

e3b33351.jpg

Hello everyone, I am a greyhound newbie with my first grey Gracie (OHK Bandero aka Bandit). I adopted her 6 months ago after my 14 yo shep mix went to the bridge. I have another rescued mix, Rex. He is 13 1/2 now and was really sad when his "mom" left. We needed another dog as a companion to him, but at his age a pup was out of the question. I had always said my next baby would be a greyhound, so we took Rex to a couple of meet and greets to see if he would get along with one of the dogs. The group recommended Gracie and the rest is history. She is the perfect dog, 6 years old, had to find a new home after her mom got very sick and had to return her to the adoption group. Gradually she has amazed us with more and more personality, all good. I am so very in love with this dog and will always stick to greys from now on. We live in the Tampa Bay area (Dade City) and so right now with the tropical storm off the coast there's not much to do, so I decided to finally get my feet wet on this site. I tried to upload a picture of Gracie, taken this morning after coming in out of the rain, all wrapped up in one of her blankets. That is another thing, it seems that now we have blankets and pillows and beds all over the house! My other dog was happy with one bed in the closet, but Gracie has one in her crate, one outside the crate, two in the living room, and those are dragged to various other locations during the day !!! Always makes me laugh..never know what she'll decide to move where. Anyway, I just wanted to say Hi, not sure if the photo was uploaded correctly, if not I'll keep trying.

She's adorable...welcome!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

That is a good dog in that pic! I am so happy for you and Gracie that you found each other, and thank you for taking in an older hound. Welcome from CT! Please stay safe around that storm.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Welcome to GT! She definitely looks perfect! :wub: Hope to see lots more pictures of her.

Stay safe and dry.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown