Anybody Here Remember Us?

Guest Greensleeves

Guest Greensleeves

Hallo, GTers! I was a longtime forum member here, from the fall of 2000 until around 2008 or so. I'm hoping some Old Timers will remember us--we had a red brindle grey named Whistler, a stray coonhound named Nelly--and ALL of Nelly's nine puppies, who were born on May 3, 2001. You guys were a huge support for us when Whistler was new, when the pups were babies--when we decided to KEEP EVERYONE (!!), and all through the years, until we lost Whistler suddenly to hemangiosarcoma in 2007 (age almost 13), and then Nelly a year later, to kidney failure, at only 8. :( That loss was really hard, and I kind of drifted off the boards after that.

I'm back here again today to share the sad news of the first of Nelly's kids to leave us. Incredibly, we celebrated their ELEVENTH birthday just three months ago... but two weeks ago we lost our golden boy, Baloo, to autoimmune hemolytic anemia.

403591157.jpg

We knew it would happen eventually, that this amazing adventure couldn't last forever... but it hit more suddenly than we expected. I think we had kind of convinced ourselves that we would either have more warning (like with Nelly), or that they'd get a chance to get old! At eleven, they still seem--well, not like pups, but like pretty healthy older dogs.

Anyway, I couldn't let the moment pass without letting our old friends at GT know. It's amazing how empty a house can feel with "only" eight dogs in it. :(

Thanks for being such a big part of our story! Baloo would send sloppy kisses to all of you. You can read a little more about him here on my blog, but the big story--the tale of our big happy family--is something we really only shared with folks like you.

I remember, too. I'm so sorry your boy is gone.

Godspeed, Baloo.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Yes, I remember, too.

I am so sorry Whistler and Nelly are gone. Hemangio took our Rex with little notice.

I am also sorry to hear of Baloo's passing. He was one of the puppies I used to look for in your photos :)

I hope you have a long time with Baloo's siblings.

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

Of course we remember! I'm so sorry that your return to GT is under such circumstances...rest in peace, Baloo! :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I remember you very well too...I'm so sorry for your losses of Whistler and Nelly...time passes so fast.

It seems an eternity to me when I still enjoyed the company of my beloved Ivy an Soldi...

Have luck and greetings,

Marion

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Stephanie!

I can't believe those pups are 11 already!!! Time sure does fly! Thanks for popping back in to say hi!

Sorry to hear of your losses.

Sara formerly on Greytalk as Mommyof3
Gone, but still part of our family and always in our hearts:
Bruiser Isa Comander To 6/23/91-11/20/03 Sandy NSK Special Up 10/19/89-6/13/04 Beau Bdk's Boo Boo 1/1/93-12/15/06 Cooney Lars Dbltakedean 11/1/93-1/23/07
Buddy 2/9/1997-11/16/09 Joe Elkhart Joe 11/7/99-12/2/10 Alex Streakin Diablo 4/17/02-4/1/11 Brother Hylife Brother 9/26/97-2/28/12

Comanche Gil's Comanche 6/7/2005-11/7/2015 Molly 4/8/2011-4/13/2018

• 1 month later...
:( I'm so sorry for your losses. I think we all drift in and out from time to time though. I still have a few puppy pics of the litter when they were young. We have had coonhounds for awhile now also and I loved your puppy pics. Sending hugs...