Greetings From Arizona!

Guest lovnmygreys

Guest dmgaudre

Hello everyone. My name is Deanna and my husband and I are in the process of adopting two very sweet greyhounds! These will be our first but I am super excited. I've spent A LOT of time online researching greys and have read Retired Racing Greyhounds for Dummies. We've bought their beds, feeding dishes and are now looking for a doggie door. Our new family members should be moving in in two weeks and I couldn't be more impatient!

I love this forum and will be snooping around a lot!!! :cheers

Welcome, you're very smart adopting two at once...no sense waiting for the inevitable. :lol

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest dmgaudre

We are adopting one of each, a lovely two year old red female named Lucy or Wild Lucy as she was known and a gorgeous (in my opinion) 5 year old male brindle named Al or Curious Algy. I was going to change his name to Dezi but my husband said he just looks like an Al. LOL I will post pics as soon as they come home! :-)

Guest dmgaudre

Welcome to GT! I went and looked at your new babies on the website, you have a couple of beautiful dogs coming home :)

Thank you! I know, they are beauties. We just can't wait. We've had two home visits and I miss them! :-)

Welcome, fellow Arizonan! How exciting! I've seen Luci's picture on the website and she makes my heart go thumpity-thump! She's a beauty. I'll go check out your Al, but I'm sure he's a handsome fellow. I remember feeling exactly like you when I was waiting for Olivia to move in and now it's like she's been here forever (in a good way!). Congratuations on your exciting new journey!

Qui me amat, amet et canes meas...et felem.

Olivia (RDs Merrygoround, b. 4/6/07, Gotcha 12/19/11

Chloe (PAR Candice, b. 5/22/08, Gotcha 12/18/12)

Guest dmgaudre

Welcome, fellow Arizonan! How exciting! I've seen Luci's picture on the website and she makes my heart go thumpity-thump! She's a beauty. I'll go check out your Al, but I'm sure he's a handsome fellow. I remember feeling exactly like you when I was waiting for Olivia to move in and now it's like she's been here forever (in a good way!). Congratuations on your exciting new journey!

Thank you!!! Yeah, Lucy is so adorable. She really took to my husband so she's into the guys. :-) Al is just a sweet chilled out dude. They compliment each other well!

Guest dmgaudre

Welcome from Avondale, Arizona. :wave

I'm the proud momma of 2 greyhounds myself. And assorted other furkids, of course, lol.

Thank you! I'm excited to be a part of this group!

Welcome from another desert dweller. You are getting a couple of beautiful hounds. Can't wait to see the pics of them playing and ruling the roost.. :lol

Thank you, we think they are beautiful too! I can't wait to be able to share photos with all of you and really start to see their personalities blossom!

Guest widowcali

Welcome from Avondale, Arizona. :wave

I'm the proud momma of 2 greyhounds myself. And assorted other furkids, of course, lol.

Thank you! I'm excited to be a part of this group!

Welcome from another desert dweller. You are getting a couple of beautiful hounds. Can't wait to see the pics of them playing and ruling the roost.. :lol

Thank you, we think they are beautiful too! I can't wait to be able to share photos with all of you and really start to see their personalities blossom!

Make sure you pay attention to the events forum. There are several events that are very close to us. The AAGI picnic in November is one. But there are two other events that are pretty cool. One is the Greyhound Gathering in Solvang California every February. Go to www.westcoastgreyhoundgathering.org for info on that one. The other one is the Greyhound Gathering in Kanab Utah. That one has taken a breather for the past couple of years, but I have heard a rumor that it will start up again in 2013. Go to www.greyhoundgang.org for info on that one.

Guest dmgaudre

Thank you for the event info!!!!

I've been seeing things about the Greyt Gathering in January and I'm really excited to go next year with our new hounds!!

• 2 weeks later...

We are adopting one of each, a lovely two year old red female named Lucy or Wild Lucy as she was known and a gorgeous (in my opinion) 5 year old male brindle named Al or Curious Algy. I was going to change his name to Dezi but my husband said he just looks like an Al. LOL I will post pics as soon as they come home! :-)

I can't tell you how happy this makes me. Al is the rare half brother to my dog, Turbo, who passed away last year. I followed Al's career (he was a good honest racer), contacted his owner and planned to adopt him. Unfortunately, my husband was laid off two years ago and has been unable to find full time work since, so we just were not able to bring him cross country and take on the costs of another dog. His race owner is a really nice guy, so I knew he'd go into adoption no matter what. I'm so glad you are on GT!!

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest dmgaudre

I can't tell you how happy this makes me. Al is the rare half brother to my dog, Turbo, who passed away last year. I followed Al's career (he was a good honest racer), contacted his owner and planned to adopt him. Unfortunately, my husband was laid off two years ago and has been unable to find full time work since, so we just were not able to bring him cross country and take on the costs of another dog. His race owner is a really nice guy, so I knew he'd go into adoption no matter what. I'm so glad you are on GT!!

Wow!!! How great that you happened to find this and see Al! He's a wonderful dog and super sweet. He's a lover. :beatheart I will post photos as soon as I can!

Sounds like Turbo :) Their dad, Ace-a-Matic, was not prolific. I think he has just a few over 300 get out there, unlike the Gable Dodges of the racing world. Turbo was seriously the best dog in the world, very laid back and loving and a personality the size of Texas. I look forward to lots of Al updates (and I'm glad you're keeping his name; had I managed to get him to me, he would have stayed Algy or Al, too :) ).

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Welcome Deanna from a fellow Arizonian :wave You are getting a couple of pretty awesome greys. Hope to see you at the gathering in January!

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

8-14-hound-siggy.jpg?gl=US

Living a GREYT life at the Hound Hacienda - Clarkdale, Arizona

Always missing our angel hounds; Parker, Lacey, Bella, Figgy, Macho, Aspen, Kingman and Tillie

Guest dmgaudre

Welcome Deanna from a fellow Arizonian :wave You are getting a couple of pretty awesome greys. Hope to see you at the gathering in January!

Already plan on being there! :nod

Sounds like Turbo :) Their dad, Ace-a-Matic, was not prolific. I think he has just a few over 300 get out there, unlike the Gable Dodges of the racing world. Turbo was seriously the best dog in the world, very laid back and loving and a personality the size of Texas. I look forward to lots of Al updates (and I'm glad you're keeping his name; had I managed to get him to me, he would have stayed Algy or Al, too :) ).

Al's foster mom was sad to see him go. They loved him there. He's just a big cuddle bug...love him already. His prey drive is still in high gear though. He almost took my arm off last night on our walk when a wild bunny darted out of the bushes. Thank GOD I had a good grip on him!

I am originally from back east. Who knows...maybe someday we'll take a trip back with the dogs and you can meet Al in person. :-)