New Sniffing Behavior With My Pups

Zola and Brin have always tolerated each other but have never really gotten close. Some of that is Zola being bratty about being the first dog here--she gives me the stink-eye if she thinks I'm giving Brin too much love. Part of it is they have different likes/dislikes. Brin likes to cuddle but that irritates Zola; Zola likes to race but Brin is more of a bite-toy kind of girl.

Lately, however, they have been sniffing each other a lot. They sometimes voluntarily sit on the same couch (this is new) and they often just stand in a hallways trading sniffs. Does this mean anything I should know about? Zola is getting on in age, but as far as our last vet check (3-4 months ago), both dogs are healthy.

Thanks!

Missing Zola, my hero and my heart; and Brin, my baby dog, my wisp of love.

Chances are they are fine but, you might want to do an anal gland check and maybe a urinalysis on their next vet visit.

My dogs seem (could be my imagination though) to get more sniffy when one has anal glad or a UTI both of which has been making the rounds in my house lately :blink: .