Pain

My grey, Lady, hurts all over according to the vet. She has been slowing down for a month or so. Vet checked her urine and blood and is scheduling her for x-rays Monday. Just a thought..I have been giving her a Herbal Multi-vitamin for Dogs, MSM, Glucosamine and Grizzly Salmon Oil for a month. Have also been giving her raw beef with the thought of trying to get her 100% to raw. Could any or all of these cause her pain? Her stool is good and usually she eats pretty good. She is 7 years old and I have had her for one year tomorrow with no health problems. Vet wants to send us to Charleston. Thanks

How did the vet diagnose "hurts all over"?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

She is a very hands on vet and every where she pressed on Lady she got a reaction. Her neck was very sore and so were the thighs. Lady is a very laid back dog, but was crying and lunging as she pressed down. And this was again after three days on pain meds. She is not lame, just has slowed down on her walks to the point of a crawl.

Has she had a tick panel?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Hello there. Sorry to read Lady is feeling poorly. I would imagine there is a reason why she doesn't feel well -- and in light of the fact that she is only 7 -- but in answer to your question, my vet (who practices Western and embraces Eastern medicine) several years ago recommended an herbal dietary supplement, Body Sore, for pain for my senior hounds.

I have given my hounds Body Sore (distributed by Jing Tang - you may be able to purchase online??; 200 gram jar was under $50 at the vet) for several years with no adverse effect (however, if you give too much too soon they could experience diarrhea). I purchase it in the powder form and sprinkle on their food.

Some of my senior hounds did not do so well with meds like Metacam or Tramadol - but no problems with Body Sore. While I don't believe Body Sore is intended to manage serious BIG TIME pain -- given on a daily basis it seems to have a cumulative effect in alleviating or dulling pain associated with aging, arthritis, etc. No harm no foul.

Good luck. Hope you're able to find out what's ailing your pup.

Thanks everyone. My vet is x-raying her Monday. She is also referring us to Charleston Veterinary Referral center in Charleston, South Carolina. This is the same folks that diagnosed Huck with Bone Cancer back in April. She has just picked at her food for the last 3 days, so I tried her on Tripe this afternoon. She ate about 1/4 can. So, I gave her a can of it a few minutes ago. She ate it with gusto and promptly vomited it all up. I tried to get her to drink a little water and she would have nothing to do with it. She is a very hands on dog and usually loves someone touching her. The vet said something about a tick panel Friday. I will ask her to do it Monday while we are in for the x-rays. I have stopped all of the supplements.

Thanks everyone. She took 3 vials of blood last week. I will ask here just exactly she is testing for tomorrow when I take her in for the x-rays. Not really sure why we are doing x-rays because Charleston will want to do their own, or they did with Huck.

Any update on your girl?

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Today the vet tech called and said the company was still running tests on the blood, but did not have enough to run a tick panel, so off we went and they took 2 more vials. They said it would be at least 5 more (working) days before they would have the results. She seems not to be hurting as much, but she has been on doxy and pain meds for a week so guess she would feel better. My vet was off today so didn't see her. Thanks for asking.