18 Months Later ---- Life After Death! Lazer Update Pg 3, #47

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!! that is amazing!!! glad he is doing so well!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I love this story - so inspiring.

One thing I'm curious about, and would love to hear more about, is how you got into the essential oils and herbal supplements. Did you go through an holistic vet for these, or did you educate yourself about how to use them? Reason for asking is that I'm very interested in alternative therapies myself, but wouldn't know where to start with essential oils, especially for such a serious condition.

Congratulations Lazer and family!

:confetti:beatheart:confetti

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

WONDERFUL - Amazing story! :balloonparty for Lazer.

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

This is an incredible story that many of us have followed since the beginning. I am so happy for both you and Lazer for this past year and truly cannot believe his turnaround. I hope Lazer continued good health and that days, weeks and months flow into years for this sweet boy.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest CFPWonder

Truly a miracle! Lazer is one handsome boy and lucky to have a family like you.

A very touching story. Wishing you many more days/years with your Miracle Boy

I love this story - so inspiring.

One thing I'm curious about, and would love to hear more about, is how you got into the essential oils and herbal supplements. Did you go through an holistic vet for these, or did you educate yourself about how to use them? Reason for asking is that I'm very interested in alternative therapies myself, but wouldn't know where to start with essential oils, especially for such a serious condition.

Congratulations Lazer and family!

:confetti:beatheart:confetti

I did not know anything of alternative therapies when Lazer first collapsed.

The week prior, I met a gal while purchasing dog food - we struck up a conversation, exchanged numbers - and to be honest, i kind of forgot about her. She called 2 days before we were going to let Lazer go -- he was that bad and we were not given any hope for his survival.

When She came over: she started applying oils and gave me a bunch of almost empty bottles to apply on him and to hold me over until i purchased my own. She Also gave me several supplements to help support his heart and kidneys. The supplements are made for people, so we did some adjusting of dosages for Lazer specifically. Debbie is not a vet or a dr. but she does have a huge knowledge of how the body works and was instrumental in keeping Lazer alive.

I saw a difference in Lazer within an hour of her applying the oils! and 2 days later we were ordering HUGE quantities of oils and supplements and began our incredible learning process. I purchase my own oils now but still have to go thru my friend to order the supplements. They are distributed thru a medical practitioner only.

The book I have now is called " Quick Reference Guide for Using Essential Oils" by Connie and Alan Higley

There are a lot of other books out there,, some specifically geared towards animals. the "Higley Guide" is a good place to start with all kinds of good information in it.

Lazer has gone thru a serious Detox protocol that was not easy for his body to handle. If he had not done this, I don't believe his body would have healed the way it did. I still give him supplements daily, along with the prescriptions from the cardiologist and he gets a nice dose of oils morning and night. Bonus: my house smells great! :)

that's it, in a nut shell --- there are never short or easy answers when talking about Lazer and his medical history.

good luck in your quest of alternative therapies! let me know if you have other specific questions,,

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

What a wonderful "Happy Anniversary!" this is, Lazer! What a journey you & your Mom have been on!

We are sooooo happy you are enjoying life still. You tell that Guardian Angel to just be patient ---- while you will be along to be an Angel too someday ------ please let you have many, many, many years yet to be "just a dog" down here. :blush

Yur buddies,

Tick, Mac, and Mama

gallery_21421_3253_11008.jpg

Barb, Mom to Grey's Tickertape & Grey's McCarthy.
Always missing: Wizzie and Desi

Thanks so much for explaining how you came to use the oils - I've wondered about this ever since I first read about Lazer back when it first happened. How astonishing that you should have met Debbie just when you needed her - I love stories that involve serendipity!

I wish you and Lazer many more happy times together.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I will NEVER tire of hearing Lazer's story, or getting these wonderful updates, or seeing pictures of the gorgeous boy. I could be predjudiced, but I especially like the one of him wearing the pretty necklace I made for him. :beatheart You are both perfect examples what love, dedication, stubbornness and a little divine intervention can do! How amazing (in the true sense of the word) that you met the woman who introduced you to the essential oils!

Keep doing what you're doing.

We love you, Lazer!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Oh Lazor, you're so adorable and so loved. Congrats on your anniversary.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

I remeber your story and following along with you, your doubts, your concerns and your joy. You are truly an inspiration and I hope to see many more pics of the handsome Lazer for a long time.

Lazer, you teach us that every minute of every day is precious.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Aunt Lorinda (aka Blond Lady),

Mom is much two eemoshunal to tic-tic herownself ( :wave remembering Piper) after reeding yer anniverseree pupdate about Lazer - aka Lucky Dog Lazer, so, she gabe me da puter to tic-tic whateber eye wanted! Whoo-hoo! :balloonparty

Hokay, here goes. Aunt Lorinda, you are knot onlee the bestest Mom to Lucky Lazer butt you are the bestest friend, cheerleader, researcher and shoulder-to-cry/complain/whine/rant/rave on when Mom wuz goin luneytunes! :riphair Sheesh! Tank goodness yu waz able to help her when I gotz sick, cuz she wudda been a lunatic iffen yu had knot sent her dat PM sayin' "Grab a cuppa coffee and sit down 'cuz I gots sumptin' to tell yu." or sumptin like dat.

I no dat Mom wuz a tuff nut to krak, but between you an' Aunt Debbie, you gave her all da tools and da support she kneeded to hang in dare after da Dr's shubbed her out of der office wif a bag of dat scripshun dog fud and sayed "See ya later, bye." Hoo nose what sorta condishun I wud bee in now if knot fur you!

Tank yu :kiss2 from da bottom of my hart :beatheart and beehind my eyelids! :rotfl

Suze - who smellz wunnerful an' luvs to take pills!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Hi Suze,,, Nice to hear from you and to know that you are paying attention even with your eyes closed! :wub:

Just so you know, sometimes, us humans need a cheerleader kick in the butt, (by the way your mom knows how to kick too!) in order to see what is up and what is down in this crazy world we live in! we just need to be receptive to said 'butt kicking'.

don't you worry too much about the lunatic lady,, she loves you and will make sure you are always taken care of with lots of love.

Tell Fuzz Hi from me and just so you know,, i'm not very blond anymore --- kind of more brown/stripy/blond ... but it does't matter what the color of my hair is,, i'm still pushing the supplements and applying the oils! You and Lazer are both going to be around for a long time ~ who knows maybe i'll be a red head one day :hehe

see you soon!

your auntie -

:D

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

• 4 months later...

How is Laser doing? May we have an update? His story (and yours) is so amazing!!!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

UPDATE: of course!

i'll skip the back story, read the first page!

LAZER IS STILL MY MIRACLE BOY! :beatheart:beatheart

We are at 18 months survival - !!! and Lazer is ALIVE AND WELL!!! :mexi2

in fact ~ Lazer has just had blood work and urinalysis done and the results are better than EVER!!! :pepper:pinkele

at one time his UPC was 6.7 are you ready :

NOW his UPC is 1.0 ~~~~~~~ it has been going down steadily,, but this last 6 months, the jump down was substantial :confetti

at one time the protein in his urine was at +++++ (4+'s and higher) now it's at 2+'s !

at one time his albumin was 2.0 ~~~ Now it's in the NORMAL range of 2.9!!! :gmark

his VF titre has always stayed very low - and is remaining steady at 1:2 (not even high enough for the vet's to used the word fluconizole!)

:couchjump

I have found wonderfully talented Holistic veterinarian who uses acupuncture, chinese herbs, gentle chiropractic manipulations and natural supplements... He is ready to continue Lazers' journey and is fully prepared to EXPECT miracles to happen for him regarding the clot in his heart.

My ultimate goal is to have the clot dissolve completely and be able to get Lazer in for a MUCH NEEDED dental! :brushteeth getting rid of the

bacteria and toxins are what i dream about every moment of every day!

sorry for the overuse of Emoticons!! but can i just say

:confetti:bounce1:confetti:bounce1

i think someone needs to post - then i'll put a new photo of my boy on here - as it is, i had to take off several key emoticons

for this update to be accepted! :hehe

How wonderful...I am so happy for you...and Lazer of course

Edited by greytpups

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross