Thunder's Seizures- Update Post 1

Yay! Am hoping this kicks in and eliminates the seizures!

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

Do you have a Costco? Get the Zoni there. It is ridiculously cheap at Costco. I remember with Steak Walgreens charged me $175 for one month supply and Costco was about $30 for 3 months supply.

Hope Thunder does well.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Did the neurologist give you the rectal Valium and show you how to use it and explain when it should be used?

My Lucy is on Zonisamide and so far (knock wood), she has not had any side effects. She occasionally gets into a state where she doesn't want to walk (wants to ride in car instead) and strange as it may seem, it's almost like she doesn't want to be out walking just in case she has a seizure ...

As to the thyroid and tick tests, my regular vet did those on Lucy before I went to the neurologist and I'm a little surprised that your neurologist didn't want the tests but, then again, each neurologist has their own protocols they follow.

Just in case the neurologist didn't mention it, keep track of all the seizures - time & date, how long, whether there was incontinence, and how the "after period" was. Also try and make note of things like any stress factors, any pesticide use in the area, different dog food or treats. Hopefully, there will not be any more seizures.

Good luck ...

She wouldn't give me valium, I asked.

I did tell her that I have not changed anything recently or use chemicals. She looked at me blankly.

Did I mention she didn't know why I was giving ice cream?

I'm already keeping a log and have note pads all over the house ready to use. Thanks :)

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17