Bad Girl Panties ... Help

I've never had an incontinent hound and now I do. She is 12 and mildly/infrequently incontinent; she is already on Prion, 50mg BID. The majority of the time she is just fine. Her pattern has been when she needs to go she'll hit the kitchen floor, which is perfect because I'm going to replace that floor anyway. It's when she pees on the temperpedic mattress cover that is their bed that I wonder how I can better help her.

Bad Girl Panties, Yay or Nay?

If we like them, where do we purchase them?

Alternatives?

TIA!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

PetSmart has these--purple and hot pink in a single pack:

6508155471_ddc569d863.jpg

(Silver was a stray picked up by animal control. No visible spay scar, but no one wanted to open her up just to check. She answered the question for us 3 months after she arrived; 3 months after that, she was spayed.)

I don't know how absorbent you need for the pads to be--don't know whether she's just leaking or really peeing a lot. You also might want to look into the sort of washable bed pads used in hospitals, although that might not be sufficient if she's sharing her bed with another dog.

ETA: These are useful if you can clean her up fairly soon. If she's really peeing a lot when you're not around, the urine will irritate her skin. In that case, the bed pads will be your best bet. And maybe washable mattress covers.

Edited by KF_in_Georgia

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Is she bed wetting or just more urgent? If you ruled out an uti and she's truly spay incontinent you might want to consider adding DES with or instead of the Proin. Don't like the idea of diapers--traps bacteria--may be asking for frequent uti's. The washable pee pads are are lifesaver to keep her favorite sleep

Edited to add tallgreydogmom has a great source for the pads-pm her for the addy

Edited by tbhounds

If I read your post correctly, she's peeing rather than leaking. The Proin won't do much about that, although it may control the leaking enough so that she pees, if you catch my drift. :P

Since she's picked out two spots, and you're not worried about one of them, I'd be inclined to find something to cover the bed. I use washable human incontinence bed covers. They're about 2' X 3'. Or you can use baby mattress covers. If they don't stay in place, just wrap bed and covers in a sheet. When she pees, you need only change the sheet and covers.

As KF_in_Georgia said, there may be problems if the other dogs share the beds and track through it or (ahem, Poppy) cover it.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Most days, she is really good (or I think she is) and I don't find any leaks or puddles. Other days, there's a puddle. Tonight, there was more than a leak but less than a puddle. Got that? :) Somehow I remembered that I have those washable human incontinence bed covers (used for LadyBug :heart) so they are now on the temperpedic, with a sheet tucked in over that. The other beds I can wash, the floor I can mop. The temperpedic, not so much. Hopefully this will be enough and we won't have to go the BGP route. Thanks!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

If you can unzip the cover on the temperpedic, you can put a bed cover inside. I did that when Molly had a UTI and was having accidents when we were at work. Had to wash the cover and the pad but the bed insides stayed clean.

If you do have to do bad girl pants, I'd use kids Pull ups or something absorbent under the pants. Helps keep them drier too.

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

Leaks can be huge. But unless she sleeps on the kitchen floor, those are probably puddles.

Glad you found the mattress cover.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

They make liquid proof fitted mattress covers. I wouldn't even consider not using one on my bed! But if I am reading you right, you actually mean a memory foam topper of some sort you put in THEIR bed, and not an actual Tempur-Pedic mattress on YOUR bed?

For George's bed, I purchased the twin-sized mattress cover (waterproof) and wrapped the insides with it. It's a Victoria Peak bed and it cost me plenty, and I am tired of throwing away dog beds.

Works great!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

I had actually forgotten how much I love this site.

Washable bed pad link:

http://www.nursingho...e_Bed_Pads.html

You can use a contractor garbage beg to protect the temperpedic mattress under the outer cover.

OR these:

:armor,-alone-400x400.png

http://www.mollymutt...d-insides/armor

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Guest LindsaySF

I have a pair of doggie diapers/panties you can have if you want. I bought them for Sophie but since starting the DES we haven't needed them.

I bought waterproof mattress covers at Walmart and put them inside the dog beds. You could get one of those for the bed?

For the kitchen I'd put down a few pee pads. I leave pee pads down for Sophie when I leave the house because she can't hold it.

Good luck!

The tempurpedic is a queen-sized mattress topper found at an estate sale and it's on the floor for the dogs, they love it. Tonight I was able to fold it into thirds and cover each end with a heavy-duty trash bag, then layered the human incont. bed covers over that, and then covered it all with a sheet. Seamus is sound-out on it now so I guess it's ok. Thank you all so much for your advice and generous offers. We'll try this for now and see how it works for MiMi.