Brandi Hoovered Up Some Paper - Panic Or Not?

I've done a search but I'm a search engine Quamby so I'm asking.

This morning, Brandi swallowed about a third of the paper top of a mini yoghurt container. It was gone literally before I could get to her. Should I be concerned? I wouldn't be,except that I need to go to work.

My first reaction is to leave it and see if it passes. It is a smallish bit of paper and past experience with her eating several kilos of fresh beef jerky and various other food stuffs indicates that her gut is in excellent working order, with strange foods moving through rapidly. She's currently lying on my bed with a happy expression, waiting for me to go to work and stop disturbing her.

Worry? Or not?

No fears if it's paper. (I'd be concerned over plastic tops though.)

I've got a boy who routinely eats napkins, tissues, and paper towels from the trash can. And he ate most of a foil chip bag; poop cleanup was interesting for a couple of days.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest PhillyPups

I would worry about paper if it was my paycheck. :lol I understand your cocern, but Gizmo and AnnaBanana are paper chewers, they eat enough papertowels if they can to wipe as they poo. :P

Maddie ate a 25.00 refund check that I got from the local Health Care provider on Friday. That was fun calling them today and stating my dog ate the check. Guy stated that he has heard that one before so it was not so funny to him. On friFay I found her having fun with the TP in the bathroom because I forgot to close t he door.

It will pass, my check did.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Maddie ate a 25.00 refund check that I got from the local Health Care provider on Friday. That was fun calling them today and stating my dog ate the check. Guy stated that he has heard that one before so it was not so funny to him. On friFay I found her having fun with the TP in the bathroom because I forgot to close t he door.

But Amy, did it bounce? :P

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

But Amy, did it bounce?
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I think someone did post a pic or video of poop bouncing once -- they were so proud of their hound's good poop!

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Ducky,

Glad I could enlighten you with Maddie's eating of my refund check from the hospital. It passed through her system yesterday morning and the only reason I know that isI saw green and white specks in her poop as I was picking it up. The color of the check. I am getting a replacement check in the mail. I am telling you It is NEVER DULL at my house with Maddie to entertain you. Whether she is eating checks, paper products, getting empty beer bottles off of counters, having a walkabout on Nantucket, barking at the moving sign over our heads at Petsmart during a M&G, chewing on a door at BBH07, eating her way out of not 1 but........3 crates and still having one of those wire crates being locked and her being out of it (I stil to this day have NO idea how she got out of it) to flipping my grilled chicken salad off the counter and eating ONLY the grill chicken and leaving the rest on the floor for me, you can KNOT get mad at her.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Well now you can provide the proof that Maddie actually did eat it.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

My dogs are all pretty good about not eating things they're not supposed to, but Willow has had her moments. She goes long periods without a problem, then will eat things out of the blue when I'm least expecting it. She went through a period where she ate paper. I'm pretty sure she ate a check I'd written to pay a bill once. I just found one small corner left of another piece of paper lying with the check - there was no sign of the rest of that sheet of paper or the check. She also ate half of a rent check from my tenants. Fortunately, they're friends of mine and thought it was funny when I asked them to please re-write the check. :lol Glad my dog's not the only one who eats checks!

Paper is definitely not a problem since it will either digest or pass. But I do worry more when Willow eats fabric, and I make her vomit when she does that. She's eaten part of a tote bag once, as well as part of a pair of pants. I also have to be careful if I use Elasticon bandage material on her as she seems to think it's edible. She leaves other bandage material like Vetrap alone.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg