Winter Coats For Our 2 Greyhounds

Guest dblgreys

Guest dblgreys

Can anybody tell me which website has the best winter coats for the best value?

I keep looking and I just don't know how much they my 2 really need. I think they should be water resistant but there are so many sites and so many differences and so many different prices. And without being able to touch them it is really hard to decide. I do not want to be a cheap skate but I do not want to over pay either. I know it is only August but here in NW PA winter can actually start in October. Somtimes as early as September. Last year was the exception to the rule. Any help on this would be GREYTLY appreciated.

I like Chili Dogs and Houndstown

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si). Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Voyagers K9 is my preferred all-purpose winter coat. With the co-ordinating "tummy warmer", in case it's REALLY cold. Are there any greyhound events coming up in your area? With vendors? Many of the vendors at these events have wonderful products. For instance, Gryffin Designs have lovely and beautifully made coats -- they aren't water-resistant but are gorgeous. I have a nice one from Designer Greyhound Etc., too -- again, not water-resistant but warm and lovely. If you want to make a statement, check out Wild Things for Greys (click on their "Fashion Show" tab). I think I'd better stop now... Edited by OwnedBySummer

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

We also love Voyagers K9 Apparel. These coats are worth every penny. You can buy these coats here: http://k9apparel.com...roducts_id=2598

7705589296_4f4de2e15c.jpg

7705613706_93a9122a5e.jpg

We haven't had much use for these toasty warm coats for the last few years here in eastern Pennsylvania. :snowman

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kaia the wolfhound-schnauzer mix
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Guest kirstenbergren

I haven't bought anything yet, but as it gets closer to winter I will be buying the "winter package" at Voyagers K9 Apparel. Out of everything I looked at they seem like really good quality.

Guest IrskasMom

No Nude Hounds has very Quality Made Coats in double Fleece .

001-16.jpg

Never mind , this was not the Picture I intendet to show and it will not let me edit.

Edited by IrskasMom

We have racing silk coats from Halemar. LOVE them. My only complaint is that they only have medium and large, and the medium is pretty big on my 50lb girl.

http://halemar.com/N...ck-Coat-105.htm

This is my bridge boy, Gabe (80lbs) in the large:

8651e16d.jpg

Edited by vjgrey

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

We had a halemar coat for Argos - what a great value, and certainly adequate for a mid-atlantic winter. Now we just use a fleece, and that is fine around here.

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

http://www.chillydogs.ca/

Love them.

And of course they're made in Canada so we can get them locally.

The Voyager coats really look nice, too. Similar to the Chilly Dogs.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg