Limping And Severe Pain.

Guest Phaedra3

I agree with NeylasMom. I'd start with X-rays and let OSU look at them.

Here's the link to form for the OSU consult. The consult is free. You can attach digital X-ray images to this form.

https://greyhound.osu.edu/consultationservice/consultation/

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Guest Phaedra3

Phaedra continues to improve. Appetite is back to normal and she seems to be getting around a little better. Haven't had to give pain meds for several days now but still on 500mg twice a day of methacarbamol. I want to agree with Sr Grey Lover that it is a neck or back muscle injury.

Her initial X-rays were not only looked at by the vet but were also looked at by a radiologist, which neither of them saw anything. Still keeping my fingers crossed that she continues to improve.

just seeing this! glad she's improving. Our friends had an older girl that was in a great deal of pain and they figured out she had hurt her neck, and once they got the right meds it got better and she went back to her old self.

sending hugs! :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway