Crate Recommendations

Guest Draper

Guest Draper

Hi, I'm getting ready to buy new crates for my hounds...any recommendations (brand, online resources) would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Midwest Lifestyle crates. Folding and two doors are a must! If you are a prime member on Amazon, that a great place to buy them. Ebay is good too. Just watch the shipping.

Siggy1.jpg

Flying Racine 7/25/08 and Twelve Pack 12/1/2004
At the Bridge- Abenacki Icebox (Kiaba) 4/21/2002-4/1/10 and Wumps Niece (Tehya) 4/21/2002-11/26/2010
www.greyhoundwelfare.org

With my terror filled new foster, I just ordered the

EliteField 48" 2-Door Folding Dog Crate with DIVIDER, 48" long x 30" wide x 32" high

from Amazon it was like $89. She is so scared I wanted to one so I can toss a blanket over it to give her a "cave" of solitude

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

percision dog crates seem to be a little more durable. i perfer the galvinized pans(they last for 20+years) or the heavy rubber type. the thinner plastic crate pans(that's what midwest uses) seem to crack and cost around $20+ to replace. my 77# male fits into anysize, he's just as happy in a 30" as a 32" crate- go know. during the winter the pups seem to stay warmer in the vari-kennels but it's like having a space capsule in your living room. some of the greys do not like the closed in feeling of the vari-kennel. personally i do not like the 2 door crates. less doors means less chance of a dog getting something caught on a hing or toes stuck in a door.

Guest jmckeone

Im not sure of the brand I just purchased but its a wire crate and the manufacturer didn't do a very good job on some of the ends of the metal rods. They have very sharp edges, some of them are in a location that come in contact with my dog and could easily cut her. I ended up sanding these edges myself but I should have returned it. Ill find out the brand later tonight and let you know so you don't buy it!

Guest Draper

Thanks so much for the responses - I now have an idea of what I want, and since I'm a Prime Amazon member I have some great choices with good prices! I never would've thought of Amazon, so again, many thanks!!