Sign in to follow this  
dmdsmoxie

How Your Dog Ran At The Track

If you are still doing this, would you look up Kbs First to Go? We just got him in August but he ended racing due to broken leg in February. Thanks so much!

Kb's First to Go ran at Southland, Wheeling, Flagler and Naples. Southland and Wheeling are our two best tracks and he only schooled at SL and didn't do much and was moved to Wheeling. He schooled and ran a few maiden races with little success and was moved to Flagler. Flagler and Naples are a notch below SL and Wheeling as far as competition goes, but your boy ran well there. He didn't have great early speed, but if he rushed the first turn 2nd, 3rd or 4th he would run hard and had the ability to pass dogs in the stretch.

Flagler is a seasonal track, as is Naples, and when Flagler closed he was moved to Naples where he ran the longer 660 yard course. He ran the same way as the shorter sprint course and could close at the end to win or be in the money. He just made it to grade B when he got hurt.

Dick

Guest Gilly

My sweet boys name is Field Day... I have been searching for months, trying to find a racing photo of him from his life before he came into ours but to no avail as of yet; he's just entirely taken over my heart and I feel like me missed out on so much time with him through his first 4 1/2 years. A soul of gentleness, he is. :)

Guest BiggiesOwner

My dog's track name is Wild Big Red. We had a slip in his papers showing he ran at least 3 races - but the greyhound database shows him as not running at all. Would love any input as to what that means/if he really did race or not.

Thank you!

love it! we can only know so much from the website.,,D's Rockon...thank you!!!

D's Rockon ran over 130 races between Palm Beach and Pensacola with the majority of them at PB. She was a closer that was fast out of the box, but didn't rush the turn and she would get eaten up at the turn by the dogs that rushed. That isn't a good scenario,but if she cleared the turn 5th or better she could finish with a rush and be 3rd or 2nd. If she cleared the turn 3rdor better she would contend for the win.

Would you mind looking up our boy, 'Coach Venom'? He has a lot of races on Greyhound data and Trackinfo but we can't really tell what any of it means... Thank you!!!

Edited by Padfootx13

GT_signature4_zpsfaaf7821.jpg

Padfoot the greyhound fr. Coach Venom, Joined his forever family: 10-1-13

Lupin the galgo, Joined his forever family: 7-18-14
And the reptiles: Bernie the Bearded Dragon and Tonks the Russian Tortoise

My sweet boys name is Field Day... I have been searching for months, trying to find a racing photo of him from his life before he came into ours but to no avail as of yet; he's just entirely taken over my heart and I feel like me missed out on so much time with him through his first 4 1/2 years. A soul of gentleness, he is. :)

Field day ran 110 races at Bluffs run one of our best tracks. He was strictly early speed and if he wasn't on top at the first turn he had no chance to win as he wasn't going to pass anyone. Once on top he would usually cruise to the head of the stretch and from there it was a guess where he would finish. He could hold on for the win or drop all the way back to 8th. He was injury free since he had no breaks in his racing record.

Overall a nice racer.

Dick

My dog's track name is Wild Big Red. We had a slip in his papers showing he ran at least 3 races - but the greyhound database shows him as not running at all. Would love any input as to what that means/if he really did race or not.

Thank you!

Wild Big Red ran four official schooling races. However, he did so poorly that it looks like they adopted him out, good for you, instead of sending him to a lower grade track and seeing if he could run there. His schooling races were at Tri-State which is a very good track.

In his four races he came in last three times and beat one dog in the other, so I would say they did the right thing in retiring him.

Would you mind looking up our boy, 'Coach Venom'? He has a lot of races on Greyhound data and Trackinfo but we can't really tell what any of it means... Thank you!!!

Coach Venom was a very, very good racer. He ran 180 races at Tri-State and ran most of his races in A and AA. He could break on top and go box to wire or he could rush the turn 3rd and win. He was a breaker and finisher which is something most people want, but you usually get one or the other.

I would love to hear about my new girl, Atascocita Venus. I've found most of her videos online and have enjoyed researching her career. Thank you in advance!

Atascocita Venus ran 165 races between Palm Beach, Mardi Gras, Naples and Flagler, all good tracks.

early in her career at PB she was in 545 yard sprints and while she didn't break very well she could close and ended up 2nd, 3rd or 4th a number of times. She also had a few wins at that distance, but they eventually tried her in the longer 660 yard course and she seemed to like the extra distance and was able to grab a few more wins than she did in the sprints.

She continued with the longer routes at the other tracks with the same kind of results.

Guest Houston1219

I know my boy ran a lot of races (over 80 that I could find) but I have no idea what all that stuff means. He should be a short search if you have time to translate for me! Lol

PJ's I'm Houston

I know my boy ran a lot of races (over 80 that I could find) but I have no idea what all that stuff means. He should be a short search if you have time to translate for me! Lol

PJ's I'm Houston

PJ's I'm Houston ran 86 races with the first four being at Bluffs run and the rest at Mobile. He had early speed and needed it because he needed to be first or second to the turn to have a chance to win. Even when on top he could be caught in the stretch. Once not in the top two at the turn he would give ground and finish well back in the pack.

Guest Houston1219

Thank you so much! This made me laugh, because it sounds just like his style on walks... "first to last" lol he drags me down the block for the first quarter mile and and I'm dragging him the last quarter mile (on a one mile walk!)

Coach Venom was a very, very good racer. He ran 180 races at Tri-State and ran most of his races in A and AA. He could break on top and go box to wire or he could rush the turn 3rd and win. He was a breaker and finisher which is something most people want, but you usually get one or the other.

Thank you very much! I guess he got more than just his coat patterning from his sire (Flying Penske)!

GT_signature4_zpsfaaf7821.jpg

Padfoot the greyhound fr. Coach Venom, Joined his forever family: 10-1-13

Lupin the galgo, Joined his forever family: 7-18-14
And the reptiles: Bernie the Bearded Dragon and Tonks the Russian Tortoise

I would love to know more about my boy Rubinthewarrior. Thank you so much.

Rubinthewarrior ran about 110 races all at Daytona Beach. He usually broke around the middle of the pack and he had a little rush to the turn. If he could make the turn third or fourth he could close a little and would improve his position to second or first. Every once in a while he would break second and be on top at the turn. Once that happened it was not a question of if he would win, but a question of how much be would win by. His lead would keep increasing and could win by 6 or more lengths.

My boy's racing name was Macabres Mandate!

Macabres Mandate ran 23 between Bluffs Run, Palm Beach and Sanford Orlando. He ran one decent race at Bluffs Run, one of our best tracks, but for the most was overmatched. His move to Palm Beach was short consisting of two races. Once at Sanford Orlando he did pretty well. At SO he would break decent and rush the turn second or third. From there he would hold his own or improve his position a little winning one race.

Then he interfered in a race which is going after another dog, many times this is just to play, but it is not tolerated because you always have to keep your eye on the lure. He was taken off the track and schooled in a two dog race and got a bore out comment. this is turning your head to look at another dog and again this is not tolerated and he was retired.

Can you give me any information on my boy, Palm City Pelton?

61bd4941-fc71-4135-88ca-2d22dbd4b59a_zps

Payton, The Greyhound (Palm City Pelton) and Toby, The Lab
Annabella and Julietta, The Cats
At the Bridge - Abby, The GSD

Can you give me any information on my boy, Palm City Pelton?

Palm City Pelton ran 46 races all at Gulf in Texas. He had good early speed and was often in the first three to the turn. Since he only had early speed and no closing speed he had to be on top at the turn to win. If he was second or third to the turn he could hold that position, but never improve it.

He was a good racer getting to and winning in grade AA.

Dick, I forgot to ask you about our boy Tailwaggin Trent when we got him last year. I know he raced at Tri State. What can you tell me about him? Thanks!

Tailwaggin Trent ran about 120 races all at TS as you mentioned. he was nice A/B/C dog that needed to be on top at the turn to win. Once he was on top he was hard to catch and usually won. He was also a dog that when 2nd or 3rd to the turn would hold that position. There are many dogs that need the top to win and when they don't have will quit to the back of the pack.

TS is one of our better tracks so he was a good dog at a good track that had a nice long career.