Providence Ri Vets

Hi Everyone,

We are moving to Providence RI next week and are looking for a new vet for our 10 year old girl Chloe. We currently use MSPCA up in Boston and have appreciated them being grey-saavy. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Guest MyCody

Harbor Animal Hospital

Maple Avenue

Barrington RI

Dr. Wade Cordy exceptional vet and VERY grey savvy, took care of greys from a track in the chicago area. Has an excellent staff who go out of their way for our girls.

JJ and Dustin go to Titan Vet. Dr. Michelle was a track vet at the old Lincoln track. Only downside is that they are extremely busy and tough to get in.

EZ uses Dr. Bazaar at Hoffman Animal Hospital in Providence. He, too, has been a track vet. He is very nice, but his associate has a difficult bedside manner....so I usually try to only see him. They are very convenient in that they allow walk-ins and have evening hours as well as Sunday morning. They aren't nearly as busy, so you can always get attention.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest Gemma

We use Hoffman Animal Hospital and actually prefer Dr Huston to Dr Bazaar. :) She is our regular vet, although we will see both. She does have a slightly odd way to her but she is a fabulous vet with lots of experience. What I really like about Hoffman, though, is the friendliness of all the staff and how much they care about their clients. Tia, who works reception, is in love with our boy and spoils him rotten. She once sat with him for 45 minutes when he was coming out of surgery and was a little distressed. They've also helped us a lot with our fosters.

We use Hoffman Animal Hospital and actually prefer Dr Huston to Dr Bazaar. :) She is our regular vet, although we will see both. She does have a slightly odd way to her but she is a fabulous vet with lots of experience. What I really like about Hoffman, though, is the friendliness of all the staff and how much they care about their clients. Tia, who works reception, is in love with our boy and spoils him rotten. She once sat with him for 45 minutes when he was coming out of surgery and was a little distressed. They've also helped us a lot with our fosters.

Yes!!! Tia is wonderful.

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge

Dr. Bazar doesn't have a fancy office & it's not a greyt neighborhood, but on the upside (big upsides)--he doesn't require appointments--it's all walk-in, there are evening and Sunday hours, meds and dog food are at least 20% less than every other vet AND they give an additional greyhound discount (remind them though because otherwise they usually forget to give it) as Dr. B's mom was the adoption director at Lincoln.

Can't say I love the other vet. Met her yesterday. She basically said to come back when Dr. B was around because Daisy is one of his patients. Barely looked at Daisy, gave us meds, that was it.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest Gemma

Dr. Bazar doesn't have a fancy office & it's not a greyt neighborhood, but on the upside (big upsides)--he doesn't require appointments--it's all walk-in, there are evening and Sunday hours, meds and dog food are at least 20% less than every other vet AND they give an additional greyhound discount (remind them though because otherwise they usually forget to give it) as Dr. B's mom was the adoption director at Lincoln.

Can't say I love the other vet. Met her yesterday. She basically said to come back when Dr. B was around because Daisy is one of his patients. Barely looked at Daisy, gave us meds, that was it.

It's so weird for me to hear that two folks here have not had good experiences with Dr Huston. At least on the plus side, both are accepting new patients so it'll be easy for new people to see Dr B if they prefer. :)

I do agree that it's a pretty shady neighbourhood but the parking situation is pretty good (small lot in front, and the street running next to it is open to parking). It's also easy to get to from the interstate, which is a major plus considering all the annoying one-way streets Providence has!

Guest goodtimekid

We used Hoffman Animal hospital many years ago when we lived in Rhode Island, and I have to agree the office takes such good care of our pets that the area and aesthetics of the office doesn't make a bit of difference. Best of luck in your move to Providence...

Donna...my experience was the same with Dr. Huston....Jack wasn't her client and when I went in for a walk-in and wanted an opinion, she basically told me without even looking that he "needed an x-ray and go to ocean state". That being said, she did the surgery on our EZ's leg and major dental, and did a wonderful job with him back in 2008. I don't question her competence.

The area is rough, but I have never had a problem or felt uncomfortable there. Everyone in that area seems to know the animal hospital, and many of the residents use them as their own vet, so no one bothers with you.

Again, my EZ still uses Dr. B and my other two boys are with Dr. Michelle Boulaine-Souza at Titan.