Avma Set To Vote On Raw Feeding August 2

Guest rocknrooos

Guest rocknrooos

Attention RAW feeding friends, please read the attached link to Dr. Karen Becker's important article.

The AVMA wants to adopt a policy against RAW feeding of dogs and cats. Honestly, are we surprised?! As responsible and loving pet owners, let's make a difference by either calling or writing the AVMA to object to this nonsense. Here's the link with info, and thanks.

http://healthypets.m...aw-feeding.aspx

Even if they adopt this policy - you can still feed raw if you want to. They can't regulate anything or make any real difference by having this policy. You can continue to feed your dogs the way you wish regardless of this policy ... being issued to keep the donations rolling in from the dog food manufacturers.

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

We've already had this discussion in another thread. I'm sure there's nothing pet owners can do to change vets' medical opinions on the issue, but no policy they pass is going to affect what you feed your dogs.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

The AVMA has no regulatory authority, and this proposal is just a position statement by the organization. I doubt anyone can change their mind, and I also doubt the AVMA's policy is going to change the minds of individual vets. The reason for this policy is concern about public health because studies have shown that a large percentage of raw diets contain harmful bacteria like Salmonella, and even healthy dogs eating raw diets often shed these bacteria in their stool. I find all the comments and assumptions about the pet food companies' involvement in this proposal to be interesting as the policy only addresses raw feeding and clearly states that home-cooked diets are fine.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg