Newbie Here From Pa

Guest jmckeone

Guest jmckeone

Hello,

My name is Jim from Quakertown, PA..... just signed up a few days ago. My wife and I have 2 female greyhounds, Greycie & Kona. Greycie is about to turn 11 and Kona is 3. We just adopted Kona 2 weeks ago from http://www.ngap.org in Philadelphia. My wife and I volunteer there walking dogs as often as we can. Greycie is an old lady and likes to lay around the house all day but she still has her energetic moments. Kona is a ball of energy and a bit clumsy but she is learning. She is a lot of fun and loves to race around the back yard and tear it up. If I could only teach her to replace her divots I'd be set! We cannot find any race data for Greycie which leads us to believe she never made it to completition. Kona raced 49 times and took 1st 5 times.

Greycie & Kona

IMAG0361.jpg

Kona laying like a goof

IMAG0365.jpg

Kona flexing her muscles

IMAG0367.jpg

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim! Welcome to you and your beautiful girls.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Welcome to you and your beautiful girls! We love NGAP - our first baby came from there 20 years ago. We live in Schwenksville, not far from Quakertown at all. My sister adopted 2 horses from Last Chance Ranch in Quakertown. :welcome2

Jackie, with hounds Dazzle and Tangerine

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

Guest DeniseL

Welcome! My husband and I live in philadelphia, and we just adopted 2 hounds from NGAP! Originally, I am from Perkasie....what was kona's name before you adopted her? She is sooo cute!!!!

Guest jmckeone

Welcome! My husband and I live in philadelphia, and we just adopted 2 hounds from NGAP! Originally, I am from Perkasie....what was kona's name before you adopted her? She is sooo cute!!!!

That's great! Kona's previous name was Encore. Which dogs did you adopt?

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Guest DeniseL

I remember you and your wife walking Kona when we were there!! My husband and I were walking Time (Thyme) and you had Kona and Greycie together in front of NGAP. We were trying to get Thyme to go up the steps they have back there lol Thats great that she is doing good. We brought home Thyme first, then went back and got Miami :) Good luck!!!

Guest jmckeone

I remember you and your wife walking Kona when we were there!! My husband and I were walking Time (Thyme) and you had Kona and Greycie together in front of NGAP. We were trying to get Thyme to go up the steps they have back there lol Thats great that she is doing good. We brought home Thyme first, then went back and got Miami :) Good luck!!!

Wow what a small world, I remember you guys as well. That's great that you went back and got a 2nd dog! We are actually thinking about a 3rd haha....this time it will be a male. We are gonna give Kona a few months to adapt then think about the 3rd dog. Keep in touch, maybe we will see each other at some of the local meet & greets.

We did some more research on Kona's (Encore) race history and found a few of her videos where she took 1st.....pretty exciting to watch!

http://www.trackinfo.com/video-box.jsp?raceid=gsn%2420120317a07