Fiona Not Doing Well Taking Frankie's Death Really Hard.

Guest Janiebugsmom

Guest Janiebugsmom

Fiona needs as may good thoughts, prayers white light , what ever we can get for her. She is taking Frankie's death so hard. I have gotten her to eat a little tonight, after not eating this morning and last night. She spent most of the day looking for her sister yesterday. Today she has gone down hill so fast. She is resting now, but is unable to walk from one dog bed to the other without my holding her up. Iam still able to get a little water down her.

My hope is that Frankie in one form or another comes and helps her sister. Either beat this and pull through, or help her to the bridge. The last time Fiona had a nasty fight to survive on her hands Frankie was right there with her the whole way.

I knew the girls were very close and deeply connected, and also knew there was a good chance one would follow the other when they passed. I did not expect it to be this soon, and Mom is having a hard time with all of this as well. Fiona is 11 1/2, and beaten the odds before , Im hoping she kind find the will and the strength to do it again. I' m not sure she can without her sisters help though.

justonekissplz.jpg This is Frankie(the fawn) and Fiona (the brindle)

020-4.jpg

Sweet Princess Fiona, photo taken a few weeks ago.

I hope another greyhound living near you can at least come and visit Fiona. Maybe that would help. :(

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Poor Fiona. Sometimes when they lose their soul mate they will follow soon from a broken heart (literally because of the stress hormones).

Respond to any Calming Signals Fiona is sending you. Usually it will be a lick and yawn and look away; you can kind of send that back to her.

I agree that having another hound visit could help. So too can maintaining your routine.

Try to get her to eat anything she will, don't force, just put it nearby. An energy drink like Gatorade (even gently syringed) could help turn the corner. Pedialyte helps too.

A sign of a dog starting to get over their sense of loss is when they start to stretch.

Prayers are probably what will help most at this point.. anything to make you project less stress around her.

Many prayers for Fiona. I know what you're going through. Emmy and Andy were like that. It didn't matter that there were other hounds in the house. I'm so sorry you're going through this Michelle.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Sending many good thoughts for Fiona...and you.

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.

I am sorry for your loss of Frankie. As suggested, Fiona might respond to the company of another greyhound, a ride in the car for a change of scenery, a small walk - something to get her a bit engaged in an activity to distract her. I would give her anything to eat that seems appealing to her in a number of small meals, several times a day if possible.

It's so hard to have lost a pup and see the remaining one mourn that loss. My thoughts are with you and Fiona.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

:goodluck for Fiona.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Sending prayers, strength, and white light to you and your girl.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

Good thoughts for Fiona. It is heartbreaking to see another pup mourn the passing of another. I agree that if there is another Grey close by, perhaps that would pick up her spirits some? I hope she is able to overcome her grief.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

How sad, hopefully she's not dehydrated. I agree with a playdate, but it sounds as if she's too weak.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

This is so sad. I am so sorry for your loss of Frankie - and sad for Fiona.

Indy and Holly (half-siblings; both angels now) were together eight years. When Indy died Holly was lost and blue. She did eat but otherwise spent the next week in her bed. Wouldn't get up other than to eat or potty. Totally broke my heart to see her so sad. Holly was almost 11 when Indy died.

While I wasn't really ready for another dog, I did adopt another male hound about one month later - and then another male about four months later. Have new companions did help but, truthfully, I know Holly never got over the loss of Indy and she never really bonded with the new dogs (all three hounds were seniors).

I would give Fiona a little time ... but you know her best. My heart goes out to you during these sad days.

Edited by IndyandHollyluv

My remaining grey is almost 12 and seems to have aged considerably since the passing of his 'bro ' last month.

The best thing i could do for him was a visit to another greyhound... and a little ice cream.

Many good thoughts your way. If there is a greyhound near by (one with a great appitite), have him/her come over around dinner time. My Bella will eat anything like a horse when she see's another greyhound eating. I believe there are a couple Oregon adoption groups on facebook, perhaps if you post up there someone will be able to bring their greyhound over?

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

Guest Janiebugsmom

She made it through the night. I tried giving her rice and hamburger this morning and she refused it. Drinking a lot of water , hasnt been potty since yesterday around 5pm. She can't stand without help, and seems to have no interest in pottying. There are 2 other Grey in the house nad she has no interest in them at all. Thanks for all the support. It means a lot.

my thoughts are with you and Fiona...I hope she can recover from this loss.

Rio aka El Rio (Dec. 4/07) - Home May 16, 2010
Tiana aka CTW Tyra Time (June 7/07 to December 9, 2016) - home July 1, 2010, we miss you terribly, Sweet Girl :weep

Willy aka Starz Predator (Oct. 15/06) - home Aug. 29, 2010
and littermates Merlin aka CTW Excalibur & Mirage aka CTW Mirage (Jan. 1/08) - home Dec. 5, 2010
& June 3, 2012
missing Beagle-Chihuahua, Kasie Lynn (March 15/95-Sept. 13/10)

Best wishes for your sweetheart.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

>> I tried giving her rice and hamburger this morning and she refused it>>

Try anything including feeding all your dogs at the same time that the people eat. If drinking a heck of a lot then consider she might have been tipped into kidney failure in which case some sub-Q fluids from the vet and Suralfate (for irritated stomach lining) could help move things in a better direction.

:( sending MANY prayers Fiona comes around! :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest patterpaws

Really hoping Fiona perks up soon! :goodluck

Some things that have helped Tristan eat when he wasn't feeling well: cheap canned food (Alpo), McDonalds cheeseburger with no condiments, dried turkey hearts, dried beef liver, peanut butter

Gentle hugs to sweet Fiona in her grief. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Janiebugsmom

Fiona needs as may good thoughts, prayers white light , what ever we can get for her. She is taking Frankie's death so hard. I have gotten her to eat a little tonight, after not eating this morning and last night. She spent most of the day looking for her sister yesterday. Today she has gone down hill so fast. She is resting now, but is unable to walk from one dog bed to the other without my holding her up. Iam still able to get a little water down her.

My hope is that Frankie in one form or another comes and helps her sister. Either beat this and pull through, or help her to the bridge. The last time Fiona had a nasty fight to survive on her hands Frankie was right there with her the whole way.

I knew the girls were very close and deeply connected, and also knew there was a good chance one would follow the other when they passed. I did not expect it to be this soon, and Mom is having a hard time with all of this as well. Fiona is 11 1/2, and beaten the odds before , Im hoping she kind find the will and the strength to do it again. I' m not sure she can without her sisters help though.

justonekissplz.jpg This is Frankie(the fawn) and Fiona (the brindle)

020-4.jpg

Sweet Princess Fiona, photo taken a few weeks ago.

Update:7/27/12 in a remeberance thread. We had to say good bye to her this evening, she was shutting down and had given up. The girls are together again at the Bridge. Luv you mommie misses you.