Pogo In Surgery For Eye Tumor

Pogo is doing alright! His leg stitches are bothering him the most, and he's been licking them a bit. I will have to muzzle him tonight, I think. :( I tried backing off the tramadol, and I think it was too soon. Those stitches look painful, and there's a bit of swelling, though nothing looks infected. I forgot to ask how soon we'd hear about the pathology report. I assume about a week ....

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Hoping the path report comes back "nothing at all." And hope baby boy leaves his stitches alone and heals up nicely.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Hoping the path report comes back "nothing at all." And hope baby boy leaves his stitches alone and heals up nicely.

ditto :)

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I hope Pogo heals quickly. I will think positive thoughts for a clean path report.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

I had to take him back to the vet this morning. His stitches are weeping, his leg is swollen, and his eye was a bit red. :( I did some warm compresses last night, and am getting ready to do more this evening. We've started antibiotics and anti-inflammatory, and added eye-drops to the mix. He also is working on a lick sore on a front leg. He's just a mess! :P Doesn't keep him from wanting to mix it up. :rolleyes:

Katie seems to have hurt her neck while Pogo and I were at the vet, so now she's whimpering and unhappy. Poor little mite! :unsure

Thanks for the continued good thoughts!

The tech said I'd be hearing from the vet about the path report, but no call yet. Hoping it's all clear!!!!

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

continuing to send prayers!!! and poor Katie, too :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Many and more thanks for the kind thoughts! :wub:

Pogo is feeling just fine, the stinker. A few of his stitches have popped on the wound inside his knee, but we're just going to let the area heal up as-is. His eye is doing better, since adding back the eye drops. He's on antibiotics now, too.

Katie is still so stiff! At some point, we'll have to bite the bullet and subject her to a vet visit. She gets so scared though, I'd hate to make her neck issue even worse! :unsure: I'm thinking chiropracter, at this point. Poor munchkin!

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

Xan, glad things are improving for Pogo.

As for Katie, the last time we had a dog with a stiff, sore neck I put her on some pretty strict rest. I did have anti-inflammatories & tramadol on hand. Since this was a healthy, recently vetted pup I used low doses of those on her for the first few days. After that it gradually improved over the course of a couple weeks. She's been great since then. With the prior two who had incidents of sore necks I got them to vet early & they improved faster. The only difference is the speed of the improvement. All made complete recoveries, just at different paces.

Xan, glad things are improving for Pogo.

As for Katie, the last time we had a dog with a stiff, sore neck I put her on some pretty strict rest. I did have anti-inflammatories & tramadol on hand. Since this was a healthy, recently vetted pup I used low doses of those on her for the first few days. After that it gradually improved over the course of a couple weeks. She's been great since then. With the prior two who had incidents of sore necks I got them to vet early & they improved faster. The only difference is the speed of the improvement. All made complete recoveries, just at different paces.

Thanks Kudzu. I have been giving her tramadol, and it does seem to be getting slooowly better. Meanwhile, she's resting herself pretty well. I have taken her for a few slow leash-strolls, so she doesn't get too stiffened up, and she's seemed to enjoy getting out to sniff around and eat dandelions. :wub:

Pogo's path report came in, and the vet called to talk to me about it yesterday afternoon. It's a mixed bag. The eye tumor is hemangiosarcoma. :( The ear tumor was hemangioma. We didn't test the leg tumor. She said they got comfortable margins on each, and that should be curative, though we will continue to watch new growths. She's going to look into the connection between them, and whether one might dispose a dog to the other. She also pointed out the connection to sun exposure.

So, that's where we are.

The leg wound is maybe a little smaller, but it's still bleeding occasionally. All the leg swelling is gone though, so yeay!

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

sending more hugs to both your babies!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Continued good thoughts to both of your babies. :hope

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Well, good work, everyone! All those good thoughts are paying off. :D

Katie seems to be at about 90% already, and Pogo's funky leg wound is scabbing inward in a yucky but healthy way.

Thank you all! :D

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

:yay :yay :)

how are your babies doing? :hope :hope

Thanks for checking back in! How sweet! :)

Pogo's scab is yucky, and doesn't cover the wound entirely, leaving gook-smear all over his belly and opposite leg, but doesn't seem to bother him. I have to get him in to take the stitches out, which are all crusted in the scab. I expect we'll lose most of it, again. :rolleyes:

Katie is fine and dandy! Back to her normal silly, cuddly, bouncy self. :wub:

Again, thanks for all the good thoughts! GT Rocks!!

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg