Bizarre Behaviour After Dental

sending more prayers :(:hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Sid is showing some signs of slight improvement today. I actually had a tiny tail wag!

The base of his neck is pretty solid with muscle spasm. On the advice of my greyhound rehab guy, I've been gently massaging it the way he showed me and I think it's helping. He ate quite well this evening, and now I can see that he's favouring one side a little bit, and I think that's his neck rather than teeth.

He's finished his antibiotics, but is still on Carprodyl. He's been showing signs of nausea while he's been on the Rilexin, but that seems to have improved already so hopefully he'll be feeling a LOT better very soon. He's not on acid reducers but I do have some Antepsin. The problem is getting him to take tablets right now because having been off his food AND in no position to have his jaw manually opened, I've had to pick my battles on that one - he had to have his antibiotics and anti-inflammatories, anything else is considered a bonus. Not that I don't understand what a difference they make, and believe me, I have been worrying, but it's just the reality.

You have no idea what a relief it is to see him laying on the living room carpet instead of up the garden by himself - he's now rejoined the pack and making more eye contact etc. Well ... I guess I'm talking to the wrong group of people to say 'you have no idea ..'! :P

If he seems in more pain again having made this much progress, then I might try the Tramadol. I feel we will be able to cope with any side effects now that we know where we are and how long they might last etc. I mean, I will know it's the Tramadol and not be worrying about anything else.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop