Trifexis Anyone?

Guest pegasusridge

Guest pegasusridge

Just got back from the vet and picked up a brochure on Trifexis (spinosad and milbemycin oxime) Being touted as the three in one does it all pill for heartworm, fleas, and internal parasites (hooks, rounds and whipworm).

Anyone have any experience with it in greyhounds?

Sherri has taken three doses of Trifexis (May, June, July) so far without any problem.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Using it with no problems. Mine won't chew the chewable tablet so I break it in half and pop it in them.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

They work great, but are KNOT as "chewable" as they say. They even smell yucky to me. I just break them in half and pop them down the hatch.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest PiagetsMom

We switched to Trifexis a couple of months ago, and I've had a much easier time getting the pups to take it than the Comfortis. I cut them in half, put them in cream cheese, and down the hatch they go!

Guest cwholsin

We've been using Trifexis for over a tear now and it works REALLY well! Have not seen a flea since before we switched. My only complaint is that it doesn't cover ticks as well-- so if you're in a bad area with ticks you'll want to use something for that. Otherwise, I've never had a better tick/heartworm/parasite medication-- for the cost of our prior heartworm meds!