I Usually Don't Ask For Prayers Or Good Thoughts

Unless it's something really bad, but the way my luck has been going lately, I figure I can use all the them I can get. We have the issues with Jilly Bean, Bebe is eating on and off and is losing weight, Valentino's rear end is becoming weak and he can't run without landing on his bottom. Now tomorrow Pistol and Joey go in for their yearly check up, dentals and are each having corns hulled, so if you can spare some good thoughts that the boys do well tomorrow I would really appreciate it.

Update

The boys are on their way home. They both did very well. Poor Pistol lost 6 teeth and had two corns hulled. JoeyB had one corn hulled. Mike said Pistol ran out of the vet's office door! He was so ready to get in the car and come home. Thank you all for the good thoughts and prayers. They worked!

Valentino did eat his breakfast this morning after I added some Dyne to it and I think Bebe has decided she wants to eat on "her" schedule and not mine. She finally ate breakfast at 9:00 this morning and has refused her dinner which she will probably beg for between 8 and 9 tonight. Darn dog, it's all about control with her, I swear!

Update 2

Honestly I don't know the date because I don't know which end is up right now.

Jilly Bean continues to bleed from her nose, a little more heavily now than before. She's still eating well and playing. The only thing she won't play with is her ball. She gets out of breath too easily and can only breathe through one nostril. She is on an antihistamine and an NSAID that has to be compounded and bless their hearts they made it in liquid form and she loves it so no more fighting with the pills. I think chewing on her ball may hurt so the balls have been put away. She still seems to be a happy girl and still gets in trouble so we just take one day at a time. We have already had the chat with the vet that when she quits eating and playing it will be time to say goodbye to our little baby.

Valentino usually misses a couple of meals each week now. His rear end is giving out. He went for a check up last weekend and is having the same disc problems Heart and Saint had so we know that one of these days his rear end is going to give out all together at some point. We are taking it one day at a time with him also.

Bebe quit eating all together and went from 56lbs. to 48lbs. I finally found a combination of Nutritional Yeast, canned food and kibble did the trick and got her back to eating her meals. Her blood work is fine she just doesn't want to eat any more. She's gained back almost a pound now and seems to have more energy. She actually started playing with me yesterday again. I know it's just a matter of time with her also.

Bullitt has his own thread but he is staying at the vet for a suspected heart problem.

That's about it. The Full House is treading water these days.

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't usually ask for prayers; I don't usually say them - does that mean if I say some for your boys, they'll be given more or less weight than frequent prayers? For what it's worth, you definitely have them :clover:bighug

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

I'll be thinking good thoughts about the whole JillysFullHouse crew and hope for good news tomorrow. :hope

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Tons of good thoughts for you and your whole crew.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

sending TONS of prayers and good thoughts your way!!! :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

You got it! Positive thoughts headed your way for you and your gang!

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

You got it :hope and :grouphug

Edited by greytpups

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Good thoughts for Joey and Pistol. Hope all goes well and the rest of the pack improves.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest LindsaySF

I hope it all goes smoothly. :hope

My pack seems to be the same, everyone is great for a while, then for a few months every single dog has an issue. It seems to go in cycles, and it can be very draining, financially and emotionally both.

Sending lot of prayers for your whole crew (and for you).

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Prayers, hugs and healing white light for everyone in Jilly's Full House who is in need. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'll be keeping our boys in my prayers that this is just done lickety split and they are home with healthy appetities. Give them huge hugs from their Aunty Janet :beatheart

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.