Growth On Vinnie's Tongue

Guest bernadette

Guest bernadette

I just noticed this about a half an hour ago as we were walking and his tongue was hanging out. Tough to get a good picture given it's location.

Anyone? Needless to say, it has me a little nervous. It isn't smooth and it looks actually like a tooth hanging out of the tongue.

(It is the white thing hanging down from his tongue toward the right side of the picure)

(tonguegrowth.png

Guest bernadette

It is hard to touch it, it's coming from under his tongue. Awkward place. As best as I can tell, it is very formed, it really looks like a jagged tooth hanging down. Solid... maybe a little soft.

Guest bernadette

Yes, I just touched it. It is very firm with a little give. Squishy but solid... does that make sense? It is growing from his tongue. =( This poor dog can't catch a break.

Is it just the one wart? Has Vinnie had this before? If it escalates, PM me.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. Annie Oooh M. 

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest bernadette

Just the one that I have found. She said it doesn't cause him any pain or discomfort... I know it would be making ME nuts! :)

FiveRoooooers, do you have info?

Just the one that I have found. She said it doesn't cause him any pain or discomfort... I know it would be making ME nuts! :)

They are viral in nature--was Vinnie boarded recently?? Looks like he has a mild case-they can get pretty narly.

I do.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. Annie Oooh M. 

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Nedra had one come up on her tongue, back when she was first rescued from the scum that had her. It went away on it's own as her health improved. I've been told that canine papilloma isn't uncommon to see in puppies or senior dogs, as their immune systems are not as strong. But mild cases will take care of themselves. As FiveRoooooers said, if it gets worse or doesn't go away, you need to look into further medical assistance for it. My guess is that it won't get worse, though.

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited