Hurt Back Issue/putting Him To Sleep

Guest Branden

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fabulous news all around! Congratulations!!

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

So, just to compile some great news on top of some great news:

My Mom watched our dogs while we went to our first ultrasound appointment yesterday, and the doctor informed us we were having twins!

Very exciting news and I am so thrilled Clever is getting better so we can truly celebrate the news.

Wow, what a difference a week makes...you guys must be estatic! I'm so glad you came here for advice...let the celebrations begin and thanks for sharing the good news

eta: advice for Clever, not the babies...you did good in that department already :)

Edited by greytpups

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Wow! What thrilling news to receive! Congratulations again! Looks like things are improving by leaps and bounds! I'm very happy for you both!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Branden

Update-

A little sad news to report on Clever. We had to let him go last night. He was in pain and the steroids/medicine weren't working on him anymore. I learned on this site about them letting you know when it is time to let them go. And he did that for us yesterday. One of the toughest things I have been through. He went very peaceful with my wife and I holding him at the vet. Some very amazing things happened with the whole process. He let me carry him into the vet and he just melted into my arms. He is usually stiff and not very comfortable when I pick him up. He was just enveloped in my arms. As much as we changed his life for the better, he did the same to ours 10 times over. Heartbreaking stuff but we know he is chasing rabbits in heaven as we mourn his loss.

Thanks for all the support on this site! When I first posted about his back weeks ago, we were not in a place to let him go. But having an extra 3-4 weeks with the medicine, changed everything. We had our goodbyes and our last good walk! Thanks again! RIP Clever and much love!

Update-

A little sad news to report on Clever. We had to let him go last night. He was in pain and the steroids/medicine weren't working on him anymore. I learned on this site about them letting you know when it is time to let them go. And he did that for us yesterday. One of the toughest things I have been through. He went very peaceful with my wife and I holding him at the vet. Some very amazing things happened with the whole process. He let me carry him into the vet and he just melted into my arms. He is usually stiff and not very comfortable when I pick him up. He was just enveloped in my arms. As much as we changed his life for the better, he did the same to ours 10 times over. Heartbreaking stuff but we know he is chasing rabbits in heaven as we mourn his loss.

Thanks for all the support on this site! When I first posted about his back weeks ago, we were not in a place to let him go. But having an extra 3-4 weeks with the medicine, changed everything. We had our goodbyes and our last good walk! Thanks again! RIP Clever and much love!

He was very relaxed as he knew you were going to give him the comfort of peace, and being pain free. I am so sorry for your loss. I am certain, that he is once again running with the wind.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Oh I'm so very sorry to hear this. I had so hoped he would continue to get better. My heart goes out to you and your wife. I'm so sorry for your loss. Godspeed Clever. No more pain.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm so sorry to hear that your boy had to leave, yet so glad that you had that extra time with him. Just so you know, this thread will probably be closed by a moderator now that he has passed. When you are up to doing so, please post a thread in Rememberance for Clever.

Run pain-free Clever!

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest Branden

I'm so sorry to hear that your boy had to leave, yet so glad that you had that extra time with him. Just so you know, this thread will probably be closed by a moderator now that he has passed. When you are up to doing so, please post a thread in Rememberance for Clever.

Run pain-free Clever!

Thanks for the heads up! I will do that!

I'm sorry you had to let him go but so glad you got some extra time with him. Every minute counts.

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am so happy to read that Clever is doing better. Hope the road to recovery is smooth.

Tess

I was reading this thread on my break at work and I must not have followed it all the way down - I am so sorry for your lossTess

Theresa (Tess)

Mom to Elliott (Sol Flasher) and Lea (PTL Lea)

I am so very sorry. Had hoped that you would have even more time with your boy but am glad you had a few wonderful weeks.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:candle:weep
I am so sorry. I am glad it was a peaceful passing.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

I'm very sorry you had to make this difficult decision. I believe he knew that you were setting him free of all his pain. Godspeed sweetheart.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm so sorry for your loss but glad he could see you through this far in life, and that he had you to help him when he needed it most.

Godspeed, beloved pupper.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.