• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, poop. I hope you can find a happy medium for all involved. Poor baby. My thoughts are with you as you travel this path. You are not alone!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Which antibiotic is Jilly on now? When my one little girl had recurring UTI's the only thing that would work was baytril.

Also, whenever I have to pill my extremely suspicious westie (she is POSITIVE I am poisoning her), I have found buttering the pill and popping it down her throat works. Unpleasant for both of us, but it works and takes just seconds. I would think Jilly's mouth is about the same size as a westie (and teeth just as sharp!)

Prayers and white light to Jilly Bean.

She's taking Simplicef, you only have to give it to her once a day. I had never heard of this one before. So far the marshmallows are still working, for that I am grateful because she's bitten me about 3 times now trying to get my fingers out of her mouth. :eek

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Looks like they have isolated the bacteria causing JB's UTI's, now they are figuring out which drug to best treat it with so looks like it will be tomorrow before we find out.

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Just wondering if they mentioned what bacteria it was? Daisy has been fighting a proteus Mirabilis and it's been a bugger to get rid of. We just sent another urinalysis in for culture. She was on Clavamox (the most sensitive) which ended about 4weeks ago. Didn't mean to hijack! Hope they figure out which antibiotic is the best for JB.

Just wondering if they mentioned what bacteria it was? Daisy has been fighting a proteus Mirabilis and it's been a bugger to get rid of. We just sent another urinalysis in for culture. She was on Clavamox (the most sensitive) which ended about 4weeks ago. Didn't mean to hijack! Hope they figure out which antibiotic is the best for JB.

She had two rounds of Clavamox and it didn't work. The vet didn't mention what bacteria it was when she called last night. I'll have to ask her.

Thanks for all the good thoughts everyone. We truly appreciate each and every one.

Continued good thoughts for Jilly Bean.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Sending hugs to Jilly Bean and all of you.

Wanda, with the DC Racing Kids,

Eric ( DNT Finbarclancy )  6/29/14    Maggie ( DNT Oh Maggie ) 6/29/14

Lorraine ( DC Don't Rainonme ) 3/15/08 - 4/9/20 ---  Suzie ( DC Lazy Susan ) 3/12/06 - 9/4/18 --- Stormy ( DC Major Storm ) 11/29/99 - 1/21/12 ---- Andy ( Andy's Alibi ) 1/23/99 - 12/30/11

Checking for Jilly's pupdate. Continuing :hope and :bighug

She's continues to have dripping blood with mucus from her nose. I'm guessing this is going to be the norm around her from now on. She's still eating well. Sleeping a bit and will get spurts where she wants to play. She's sticking close to me all the time now which is okay with me. We should be getting some new antibiotics for her UTI tonight. That's about it for now.

Hey Judy, just another thought for Jilly and her pills. If/when she figures out the marshmallow trick, maybe crush it up in some dyne and she'll eat it.

| Rachel | Dewty, Trigger, and Charlotte | Missing Dazzle, Echo, and Julio |

dewttrigsnowsig.jpg
Learn what your greyhound's life was like before becoming part of yours!
"The only thing better than the cutest kitty in the world is any dog." -Daniel Tosh

Hey Judy, just another thought for Jilly and her pills. If/when she figures out the marshmallow trick, maybe crush it up in some dyne and she'll eat it.

Oh good idea Rachel! Bebe is still eating well with it so I'm sure Jilly Bean would love it! So far the little stinker is loving the marshmallows! She begs for them.

Keeping good thoughts for you and the Bean. It's hard for my brain to realize that she's going to be 14. I always think of her as a puppy...the leader of greyhounds and the most precious little dog I have ever seen.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

sending more good thoughts and prayers to the Bean :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

sending more hugs to Miss Jilly :kiss2

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway