Iggy With Tummy Trouble - How Much Gas-X?

Little Tessa's tummy has been gurgling all night. She vomited a little bit of her dinner before bedtime. I think DH may have given her some people food. <_< I gave her about 1/4 of a Pepcid 6 hours ago.

Since her tummy is still making a lot of noise I'd like to give her some Gas-X(125mg soft gel) or PhaZyme(180mg soft gel). What amount would be OK for an 11 lb. iggy?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

is this the same dog that had acupuncture??? if so, it's pretty normal as things exit the body to have an upset tummy. things need to exit the body one way or another after treatment. i would stick w/ white rice for a couple of days, even if it wasn't the acupuncture dog.

got confused w/ you and dabullwinkle, sorry...but i still favor white rice for a good couple of days.

Edited by cleptogrey

My Ig Flex is about 12 lbs..he takes prilosec every night (acid reflux). vet prescribed 5 mg of prilosec OTC. I buy the 20mg tablets and use a pill cutter to break it into 4 pieces. ..probably the same as the pepcid. I found with him...resting his stomach and then small frequent meals helped him. He also has a prescriptions for reglan and carafate. Good luck! these little guys have such sensitive bellies!

Because the gurgling was so loud and when on for hours, I was thinking Gas-X would have been better. but that appears to only come in soft gels. Would one soft gel be too much for an iggy?

The tummy rumbles finally stopped after 9 hours. I gave Tessa smaller breakfast and she's acting normal. :) DH said he did not give her any of his food last night so I don't know what set this episode off.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I only use 1 GasX tablet when I give it to Rocket and he's over 70 lbs. You could probably see if there is a child dosage on the package and use that as a guideline. If you can cut them without having them break apart, try 1/4 pill and go from there.

Edited to add - we were posting at the same time. There is a tablet form of GasX that can be cut. Make sure that what you have is regular GasX, and not one of the versions that contain additional drugs / features. it should only say GasX, not GasX Plus or have any letters behind the name.

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest Energy11

I would go ahead and give one Gas X soft gel. I give my big ones 3 if they are having problems. I swear by the stuff, and if you even suspect bloating, it is recommened you give a high dose of it. Hope the little guy feels better! I'd keep him on a bland diet for a few days, too.